We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Roma Thank You

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holmdel, N.J.
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Roma Thank You

Grazie for your advice on tours. Sorry I haven't thanked you earlier but it's taken me a while to put things together. One last favor...our last 2 days in Rome we are taking day excursions & are looking for a nice hotel that will be not only convenient for us to "get out of town" without a traffic hassle...but also pretty, clean, & under 300E. At the moment looking near Borghese Gds & Spanish Steps. Took your advice transport & everything is great!!!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Roma Thank You

Very glad everything is working out for you. Are you driving to excursions? Taking the train or flying? Are you in roma now?

Holmdel, N.J.
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Roma Thank You

Hi: Stefano from Rome Cabs will provide our tours...Sept 28-29...going to Orvieto & Civita Bagn. on 1 day & villages in Umbria on 2nd day.....wow! what a prompt response from you....Thanks!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Roma Thank You

I am up late! our weather here in Rome has been wonderful -- mid-sixties every day lately, so we're enjoying the outside very much. If Stefano (or Marco or anyone else at RomeCabs) is driving, don't worry about where you stay. Just pick a place you like if you intend on seeing anything else in Rome. If you want to be stationed in Rome, but all your day trips are north, stay on the north side of town. You are right that the area near Borghese/Spanish Steps will be more convenient. September is still a high season, so no big price breaks for you; still, 300 is a good amount and you'll find something easily.

I will give this some more thought and get back to you. I'm sure others will be able to join in too. You can often find great deals on the Grand Hotel Palace's website (directly) and I've never known anyone who's had a bad experience. Will get back to you soon.

SR

Holmdel, N.J.
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Roma Thank You

Thank you for info on The Grand. Also am checking info on others Hotels. If you or anyone else has an opinion positive or negative on the following Hotels: Manfredi...Madrid...Modigliani...Fontanella Borghese....please respond. Really grateful....Thanks Again.

5. Re: Solo Roma Thank You

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 00:19