We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants near hiberia hotel

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants near hiberia hotel

we are currently staying at the hiberia hotel on via maggio. anyone any ideas for nice restaurants nearby please - particularly for sat night when its my birthday

Rome
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

You are in a really nice neighbourhood first of all and there are loads of restaurants to choose from! My favourite is Taverna Romana on Via Madonna di Monti just be aware it is closed on a Monday night. It is a fab family run taverna, with a small but delicious menu where they give an amazing anti pasto dish and you can even get half portions of pasta.......to save room for the rest!

If you like wine, La Carbonara on Via Panisperna is great especially if you let it up to them to choose the wine with your meal, they really know their stuff. Their prosciutto is out of this world also.

Restaurant Angeli, at the bottom of Via Boschetto is great for starters and it has a sister restaurant can Divoli (sp?). Just think Angels and Devils.

Then La Tavernella on corner of Via Boschetto and Via Panisperna does a really good cray fish pasta......but because they never seem to have cray fish when I go, they always put lobster in instead, for the same price, which is amazing!

All of these are very close to you, but you will have no problem finding somewhere. Another one is Il Chianti on Via de Lavatore beside the Trevi Fountain.

I hope you have a great stay and a very Happy birthday!

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

Thank you so much for the advice and birthday wishes. Which one would you recommend for a "birthday" meal?

Sarah

Rome
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

It depends on what you would like, Taverna Romana is definately the most tradtitional and cosy of the lot as its the smallest, but Ive just thought of another one......Colors on Via Boschetto. I had my birthday there and loved it so maybe that one would be good for you. Its not your typical Roman trattoria or anything but its decorated prettily, deep reds, cushions everywhere and candelit. The main courses and starters are amazing! I would get those if I were you, they are a twist on Italian food. It really good and the price is great for what you get.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

Hi Knowrome,

Just a quick note to say thank you for the tips!

We went to La Tavanella and had a lovely meal on Friday night - couldn't get into La Carbonara on Friday or Sat - full with bookings but it did look nice.

Went to go to Il Chianti on Sunday but it was closed!!

Found a couple of other really nice places - one - Santa Cristina on Via Cordonata was right behind the hotel, La Laterna just off Via Novembre and Tritore.

Lets just say we ate very well the whole time!!!

So thanks again for your guidance

Sarah

Rome
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

Im glad you enjoyed your time and I hope you found somewhere for your Birthday! Im surprised about the restaurants being booked....it seems so quite around here, but La Carbonara is great....next time!!! Merry Christmas

6. Re: restaurants near hiberia hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:17