We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Factory Outlets

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LONDON
11 posts
Save Topic
Factory Outlets

Hi,

This forum has a wealth of information-thank you.

My husband and I are travelling to Rome on the 9 Jan 2008-its our first trip.We are spending 3 nights.Looking forward to seeing the sights as well as doing some shopping.Which factory outlet is closest to Rome-how do we get there using public transport?,how long will it take and when is the best day/time to go?

Is there an Armani or Max Mara outlet near Rome as well?

Thank you

Maple Grove, MN
Level Contributor
297 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Factory Outlets

Others here may disagree with me on this but, don't waste your time at the factory outlets. The prices aren't much better and there are better uses of your time while on holiday.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Factory Outlets

The factory outlets for Max Mara & Armani are not in Rome. Anyway check the full list of brands located here & there in Italy: corriere.it/speciali/…pop_foreigners.shtml

Outside of Rome there are some outlets, US modelled. I would suggest Castel Romano that can be reached by free shuttles from Piazza della Repubblica (Termini Station) each Tue and Sat. For the departures schedule check this post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k10503…

Since you are coming just at the sale season start (1/5) I would pay a visit to Max Mara shop on via dei condotti (spanish steps) that is one of the bigger in town and to one of the many of Armani's (sport/cosy collections are on via tomacelli).

Ciao Daniela

Rome
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Factory Outlets

Hi, whilst I agree with the former poster that it may not be the best way to spend your time in Rome, nevertheless there are two factory outlets reasonably close to Rome. One is in Castel Romano, south of Rome, the other one is in Valmontone, east of Rome. I would recommend the latter because it can be reached by train (from Roma Termini station, get off at Valmontone, where there is a shuttle service to/from the outlet.) There is a website for your information:

www.fashiondistrict.it/outlet/index.asp…

I think it's only in Italian, though.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Factory Outlets

When you are in Rome just go to the sales in the shops in the city. Some of the designer shops (around the Spanish Steps area) Fendi ,for one ,have good prices in January.

I woulnt waste my time at outlets stores in Italy. Usually out of date things or purple shoes :(

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Factory Outlets

I am not a great fan of the out of date outlets either.

The only one I have every bought from has been Tods which has some good buys and up to date goods.

LONDON
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Factory Outlets

Thank you for all your suggestions.

7. Re: Factory Outlets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 19:17