We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coffee

edinburgh
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Topic
coffee

After coming back from our stay in rome out we went and bought a coffee maker because we liked the expresso so much but try as many coffee types we cant get it as good as rome what is the most common beans used

thanks

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: coffee

Try to find Illy coffee beans, it isnt the most commonly used ( its more expensive than most) but its one of the best coffees in Italy.. for me liking

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coffee

When I lived in Rome many years ago, the lady I worked for would have no other coffee than Tazza d'Oro and she would make me go by bus from Trastevere to Tazza d'Oro near the Piazza della Rotonda (near the Pantheon) to buy it. I must admit, it is fantastic coffee, and whenever I am in Rome, I have to go back, for the memory as well as the taste! Because of your post, I looked up Tazza d'Oro, and you can buy it online - not sure whether they ship to the UK, though. There's an email address, perhaps you could ask.

Mentioned in this post
Pantheon
Pantheon
63,222 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Geneva, NY
Level Contributor
195 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coffee

For a nice expresso maker on the cheap - get the Bialetti Expresso pot from Williams-Sonoma. It's only $29.00, and works great!!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coffee

Sorry, here's the link

www.tazzadorocoffeeshop.com/tabella.php

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: coffee

Espresso

6. Re: coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:18