We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private guides

ohio
9 posts
Save Topic
private guides

Any recommendations on private guides especially for the Vatican and Colisseum and how much they charge?

Also my daughter is celebrating her 18th birthdayin Rome any suggestions on something special to do and where to eat?

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: private guides

I made reservations for AngelTours with a private tour. There are mixed reviews on the forum here so I don't know what to do. If anyone has recently used Angel Tours Rome please let me know. I would like to know what your experience was with the Company. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private guides

Hello Lattedog,

you should only use registered, qualified, authorised tourist guides in Italy as the laws regarding guiding are strictly enforced.

Each 'provincia' has a register of its qualified and authorised tourist guides that have been properly trained. Registered Rome guides have a website: www.centroguideroma.net there is an English version and you will find the 'button' to click on the home page.

If you are travelling around Italy, and will be needing another guide, post another question about guides on the forum, if you would like me to give you the websites for the guides registered in other provinces.

Re your daughter's birthday celebrations - do a search on the Rome website - or put out a call for the local Tripadvisor Expert I know someone posted a similar request for a special restaurant in Rome a month or two ago.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Best Wishes, Nolana

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private guides

Sorry - not Rome website - I meant do a search on the Rome forum on this Tripadvisor website !

Maple Glen, PA
Level Contributor
543 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private guides

We just returned from Italy last week. 5 of us went on a private tour with Vatican Tours and Beyond for the Coliseum The tour guide,Roberto, was excellent. He is a handsome, 35 yr old Roman with excellent English and indepth knowledge. They also do Vatican tours. Email them at http://www.vaticantoursand beyond.com

We celebrated my 53 and my niece's 23rd on May26th. Dinner at Peppone was excellent, fine Italian dining. We also enjoyed Osteria Marghutta and Hostaria Romana.

Maple Glen, PA
Level Contributor
543 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private guides

PS they gave us a discount for cash payment. I think for the 5 of us it was 260 euro with the cash discount, but they also take credit cards.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private guides

There are several great tour companies in Rome. I know people that have used Context|Rome, Angel Tours, Three Millennia, Roman Odyssey, ICON and Enjoy Rome - and all gave a big thumbs up to each tour company. Find the one with tour times & prices to meet your needs.