We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To local expert re: restaurants in Rome

ohio
9 posts
Save Topic
To local expert re: restaurants in Rome

My daughter and I will be in Rome for her 18th birthday. Do you have any suggestions for a nice restaurant - not necessarily expensive but perhaps different. Grazie

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To local expert re: restaurants in Rome

I'm not sure of your tastes but here are some ideas for something slightly different:

L'Eau Vive

Via Monterone, 85 (Near the Pantheon)

Tel: 06 68802101

The restaurant is run by Carmelite nuns. At 9:30pm they stop and do their evening prayers in front of their guests. When they sing Ava Maria it is truly amazing! Food is mainly French but very good.

Trattoria der Pallaro

Largo del Pallaro 15, near Campo dei'Fiori

Tel: 06 6880 1488

"Here you'll eat what we want to feed you." No menu. They bring you a 5 course meal of whatever they whip up in the kitchen. Never heard anyone complain. Only 20 euros per person.

Obika

Piazza di Prenze at the corner of Via dei Prefetti, near Piazza del Parlamento.

Tel: 06 6832630

A mozzerella bar. Perfect for a lighter meal. Order a sampling of different types of mozzerella cheeses and add an assortment of greens, veggies or meats. Excellent salads and a good wine list.

Mentioned in this post
L'Eau Vive
L'Eau Vive
333 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Hotel Parlamento
Hotel Parlamento
780 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To local expert re: restaurants in Rome

Thanks for that Nicolas. Heading out to Rome next weekend, so have printed out your advice. Here's a website list of more I intend to check out before heading south to Terracina.

frommers.com/destinations/…0064020003.html

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Terracina
Terracina
Province of Latina, Italy
Watertown, CT
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To local expert re: restaurants in Rome

We enjoyed L'eau Vive very much. Steaks were excellent. They were unexpectedly very busy the night we were there so service was spotty (mixing up orders, etc.) but they were so happy you couldn't complain! Just don't order the mango salad appetizer...it comes with crawfish (even though the menu doesn't mention it) and some spicy dressing that is awful. The night we were there they didn't sing until 10:20, but again that is because they were busy.

Mentioned in this post
L'Eau Vive
L'Eau Vive
333 Reviews
Rome, Italy