We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day trip

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
343 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
3 day trip

Hello I wanted to post a short report. I flew from usa thru amsterdam NWA no problems

I arranged for Rome limosiune shuttle for and airport pickup 35 euros. Stayed at Hotel giardino nice basic hotel in a great location. We walked everywhere bring good shoes and a good map. I thought it was very easy to walk around ,but got confused with my map often. The first evening we walked to Trevi fountain, Spanish steps,toured pantheon and explored plaza Novano

The next day we went to the market at camo fiore and had a vatican tour with Angels tour rome. tour was 25 euro plus admision found the tour to be informative and glad I booked it this tour was paid ahead. It lasted approx. 3 1/2 hours. included the museum and chapel.

Day 3 we booked the colloseum and forum tour with angle tours rome also would recomend. after we toured palatine hill on are own. and did the jewish ghetto and travester walking tour mapped out in Rick Stevens guide book. Nice walks if you have time but I did not consider them a must see. I used his book often for its recomendations and advice.

In the evenings we walked and explored more plazas.

I was nervous about the cost with the drop in the dollar value. I booked a hotel with breakfast which helped and we at at small resturaunts and not the fancy type. The italian menu has several courses we often would just get the first course pasta for dinner. Bread is an extra charge. Deli's have great sandwiches that are large for approx 4 euro spit one for lunch and have a great dessert for a bakery.Pizza is a good budget option also .Try the gelato and Hot chocolate. This seemed to help the budget.

RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Walks of Italy
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, Walking Tours
Driver Guide Service
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Eyes of Rome
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day trip

We were charged for bread once (we hadn't ordered it) - we just deducted it from the tip!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day trip

Thanks Carkrisy for your report, we love reading them

Jess UK

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day trip

p.s good tip about the deli too, we used them alot when we were there.

4. Re: 3 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 21:19