We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Weather

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
April Weather

What's the weather like in Rome, Florence and Venice in late April? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,826 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
28 Reviews
from US$374.30*
US$534.70
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,011 Reviews
from US$58.40*
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: April Weather

You can check www.weather.com or www.wunderground.com for historical averages.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: April Weather

Pack both for end of winter and beginning of summer clothes. You can have one day very cold and the next one wery warm.

Don't bother with a rain coat or an umbrella: the minute that clouds are gathering, in rome will apear (from nowhere) literally hunderds of people trying to sell you an umbrella (5 Eur); even if you already have one!

Weather underground is more times right than wrong (we use it).

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Weather

I agree with chemical woman that you don't need a rain coat. I would bring a wind and water resistant spring jacket, that can be layered with a sweater if it's chilly. You shouldn't need anything warmer than that. However, a warm hat and scarf don't take up much room in the suitcase, and may come in handy.

Rome is often chilly at night, even in the summer, because it's very near the sea. Definitely bring a few sweaters.

Also, I like my little travel umbrella better than anything they're selling on the street in Rome.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: April Weather

hi there

I see you will be in Rome end of April.

Are you keen to join us on a full day tour of Rome on the 20 th April? We have booked a tour and need more people so that it works out cheaper for us.

let me know if you are interested..cost E 55-75 p p

many thanks Yvonne South Africa

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
5. Re: April Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 04:18