We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Grosse Pointe, MI
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

I am about to book this apartment through Sleep in Italy. Is this in a good location? Has anyone stayed here before? I checked slowtrav.com but can't find anything on this one. Thanks for your help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Haven't stayed in the apartment but the location is terrific!

Ann Arbor, MI
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Dear Swoj77,

did you stay in Sleep in Italy's Travestere Ripa apartment? I'm about to book it myself and would love to get some feedback. We're going to Rome in mid-June, are looking for something central but quiet at night so we can sleep. We'll be traveling with our 3 year old. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

It's a great location. Google map of trastevere

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

If this apt

www.sleepinitaly.com/appartam.php…

is really near Santa Maria in Trastevere on San Francesco Ripa, that a great neighborhood.

This are pictures of Via San Francesco Ripa and Via Merry del Vale/Via Natale Del Grande near near Santa Maria in Trastevere

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Piazza Santa maria in trastevere

Ann Arbor, MI
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Thank you! These are wonderful1 We're still waiting to hear whether we can have the apartment. Hopefully it ill work out, although I've been reading all sorts of horror stories about apartment rental agencies...

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

stayed there a couple of years ago. don't do it. it is a ripa offa.

Ann Arbor, MI
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Thanks for the warning! Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor :-)

Would you mind telling me

1.) if this was this specific apartment?

It's available through Sleep in Italy

www.sleepinitaly.com/appartam.php…

and Romeby.com

romeby.com/trastevere-ripa/pages/gallery.htm

And if so, can you tell me more about the rip off? Was it the apartment? the agency? The price?

Not sure I can trust the company, so I'm now considering other options, like Palazzo Olivia.

http://www.palazzo-olivia.it/

thanks so much for your help,

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
881 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Trastevere is an excellent neighbourhood. Check this hotel site, it's just off Piazza Santa Maria, they have appartments www.hote;trastevere.net. I stayed here a few years ago. They're not the most stylish but are in a quite street with plenty of cheap local bars and restaurants on your doorstep. The tram is about 2 mins from the hotel and takes you to Agentina which is very handy for the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Enjoy Rome.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
881 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

Sorry about the typo, www.hoteltrastevere.net.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,491 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

We have used sleepinitaly in the past for an apartment near the Pantheon and it was basically as described. We have booked through them again for this year. They have always been accommodating about which place might suit us better.

This apartment looks OK though I would worry if I had 6 people let alone 8 with that loft style arrangement. But decent kitchen space, living/dining space, two bathrooms and an elevator looks OK to me.

Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trastavere Ripa apartment with Sleep In Italy

I've just returned from Rome. We stayed in Trastevere and rented the San Francesco a Ripa apartment for one week thru Sleep in Italy. The agency answered every question I had promptly. The website accurately described the apartment. The location was incredible. Just steps away from the Tram 8 stop. When we return to Rome we plan to always stay in Trastevere.