We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Quinta...
Level Contributor
390 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Okay- I'm intersted to hear the experts thoughts on what sandals are the best for walking during travel? Would like opinions on women/men and children.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Aerosoles for women! theyre not as frumpy as they used to be. or REEF sandals. Theyre flip flops but theyre like walking on clouds. Cant speak for men or children.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Naperville
Level Contributor
905 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Having just done an extensive search for comfortable shoes and sandals for our upcoming trip, I now have a pair of Ecco's, sturdy for day, and a pair of Naot for a little more dressy. I also have a new brand of loafers I've not had before called Ara made in Germany. They are comfy too. Good luck. Shoes are a big problem for me. Can you tell?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,606 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

I have several different styles from Clarks that I find very comfy.1 is a walking sandal and 1 is kind of like a MaryJane with a strap that can be for daytime or a nice flat for nightime too

Houston
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Walking Cradle or SoftWalk...love those "egg-crate" insoles!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
283 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Tried Privo's. Got them at Nordstrum's Rack $100 US retail to $29 on sale. Bought the black flats but with tons of cushion. Felt they were more of an upbeat take on mary janes & very light!

Used last Nov on Med cruise & just 2 weeks ago in NYC walked from Soho area to Time Square to finally Central Park area think we did approx 50 city blocks each day we were there--3 days total.

They also sell them at Marshell's & Ross.

For kids, my son (10 yrs) used his black mickey mouse crocs everyday. On our Med cruise I packed him 3 prs of different shoes-- yet he used the crocs every day we were in ports on tours.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

For me, hands down....Privos...I have trekked all over Europe in them and just spent 14 hours a day for 7 days traversing Disneyworld with my niece. Never an ache, blister or minute of discomfort. We are going to Italy in May for 11 days and I bought my mother and 11 year old niece a pair for the trip. I swear by them...no break in period either. heaven on the feet.

M

PS...I always order mine from zappos.com (more expensive than Rack or Marshalls).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Keen's work for me.

knoxville, tn
Level Contributor
573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

I always recommend merrell and privo. I work for a major dept store and I worked in shoes. I had a stress fracture in my left foot and now have arthritis in that foot. When I went to Rome last May I took 2 pairs of merrells. My feet didn't hurt the whole trip.

My advice no matter what type of shoes you choose is to break them in before you go.

Margaret

knoxville, tn
Level Contributor
573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Also great are softwalk and a new name Allegria(sorry not sure of the spelling) we just started carring them. They look strange but are incredibly comfortable.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
945 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite brand of travel/walking sandals/shoes

Both me and my husband like shoes and sandals from SAS, a Texas company that only sells through small, family run shops, not big discounters.

http://www.sasshoes.com/