We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

btj
Jersey City
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

My husband, myself and our two boys (12 &14) will be in Italy for 10 days but only 3 ½ days in Rome in the beginning of August. I’m looking at these three apartments through the Bed & Breakfast Association of Rome. Which would you pick for tourists trying to cram everything into a way too short Rome visit?

We also have a reservation at the Kolbe Hotel in Rome but we had to change our dates and the price went up so I decide I’d look at other options.

I’m hoping I did this right and the links work. The agency’s website is http://b-b.rm.it

Thanks for your help.

Margaret

Cod. 005 Colosseo-Merulana (Apartment)

Cod. 091 Historic Center - Monti (Apartment)

Cod. 109 Navona - Orso (Apartment)

Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

btj

Depends on how you are planning to get around.

We are staying in Cod. 109 in June. We chose the apartment for it's location. We wanted to be able to walk around at night and not have to take the bus or metro home. We originally booked near the Colosseum but changed pur minds when I measured the walking distance to the other sights we were interested in.

I'll be sure and post about my experince when I get back - but that might be too late for you. I'm a little anxious because I haven't found any reviews about this agency and just one 2005 review on the apartment itself (on slowtravel). So far the agency has been responsive to my questions but the proof is in the pudding.

Good-luck and I hope some else can answer your question more directly.

btj
Jersey City
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

Sugarlander,

I feel like I've looked at so many apartments, hotels, b&bs, that I can't even remember which ones I liked. I saw some beautiful apartments that only rented for a week and some that looked so dumpy that I can't believe someone bothered posting pictures.

I posted this question over at Slowtrav but so far no one has said that they stayed at this apartment.

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Margaret

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

btj

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
159 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

btj...sorry, hit the wrong button before I even got started!! You should not have any problems with the agency. There are a number of reviews on slowtrav for other apartments handled by the agent. All are complimentary about their dealings, so you can feel comfortable that you are dealing with a reputable party. As for the apartments, the Navona apartment is the most ideal and central location to walk to all the popular tourist sites and, if you are comfortable with the apartment, I would definitely recommend the location over the others. Enjoy your visit.

Washington State
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

I too am booked through the B & B Association for my Rome stay in June. Marie Andersson has been fantastic and answers all my questions promptly. I just had to make a change with her and that too was immediately taken care of. There are reviews on the website. I also connected to the B & B Association in Locarno, Switzerland through the Rome website and I have booked a great place to stay. I am sure we will enjoy our stay and I hope you do too.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

I'd pick the Navona apartment first and the Monti location next. The double bath in #109 is a big plus and the sleeping arrangements seem more flexible. The location would be my preference as a first time visitor as well.

Have a great trip!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

I agree with EC. Merulana looks lovely, but the area is very busy and you will have to take transport to lots of sights; just too far to walk all day with kids. The Orso apt. is in a pretty part of town,but very close to transport; for instance, buses run down along the river on its right bank (Castel Sant'Angelo side) and up along the river on the left bank. So, often times, you'll have handy access either way and can hop off at a bridge that's closest to where you want to go.

Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

btj

I found this review in slowtrav - it's about the apartment in via dell'orso

www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=1991

Sounds like the biggest drawback is the lack of shower curtains.

Hope it helps.

Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

forgot to add..

vineyards,

marie andersson has been my contact as well and was always prompt and helpful. I also made a change that was immediately and painlessly taken care of.

btj,

when choosing apartments one of our requirements was two bathrooms. We will be travelling with our 3 kids - ages 19, 17 & 11. From experience, for any stay more than 1 night a two bathroom arrangement works best. Teen agers regardless of gender seem to take an inordinate amount of time getting ready for the day.

btj
Jersey City
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short stay in Rome - which of these 3 apts. would you choose

Thanks everyone for your input. We decided to stay at Cod. 109 Navona - Orso. Now I just have to get my husband to brush up on his Italian!