We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraterna Domus

sydney
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Fraterna Domus

We are staying at Fraterna Domus for 3 nights in early July. We will arrive by train. Has anyone stayed at this convent and if so what will be the best way to get to the convent from the station? Many thanks

sydney
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fraterna Domus

I haven't had a response to this post. I would really appreciate a response if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fraterna Domus

The Fraterna Domus is just north of the Piazza Navona. It's a short and inexpensive cab ride from the train station. That would be my recommendation if you are carrying luggage. Buses can be crowded and the closest metro stop will require a good walk.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fraterna Domus

I was wondering if you ended up staying here and if you could tell me about the accomodations. Hairdryer? bathroom situation, beds comfortable?

Thanks!

sydney
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fraterna Domus

We did stay here and I would probably stay here again if in Rome as it was close to everything and far cheaper than anywhere else in the vicinity. We did have a mix up with the booking which the sisters sorted out. The beds were fine - although single. The bathroom is very basic- water pressure from shower good but no curtain so water goes over toilet and floor . I can't remember whether there was a power plug in bathroom but definitely in bedroom. Just be aware if you want airconditioning or heating this is extra- 10 Euro per night. There are no tea making facilities in bedrooms The sisters were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is provided and you can have lunch and dinner if want- dinner was 15 Euro and very good value- my 18 yr old son loved it so much we ate in 2 nights! All in all it is basic, comfortable accommodation in a clean safe and welcoming environment. Just one other point- there are quite a few stairs so if you have disability issues I wouldn't stay here.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fraterna Domus

Thanks!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fraterna Domus

Just wondering how you went about making reservations for Fraterna Domus. I've searched everywhere and haven't found a direct link to make a reservation.

Thanks for sharing. We are hoping to stay here for our trip in December

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fraterna Domus

I emailed them and received a nice reply back. We decided to stay in an apt, but here is their info.

Fraterna Domus - fraternadomus@alice.it

Hope this helps!

Their reply:

further your e-mail, here are informations about our home:

· we are located just at town center, between Navona square and Spanish steps, very near to S. Peter's. Our Home is quite small; it was builded around an old church (Santa Lucia della Tinta).

· our style is "Franciscan".

. Rates 2008: per day:

- bed and breakfast (included): Euro 84 (the double room)

Euro 54 (the single room)

Euro 110 (the triple room)

- 1 lunch (non included): Euro 14 (per person)

- 1 dinner (non included): Euro 14

· air conditioning will be available with a supplement of Euro 10 per room a day.

. Credit card (Visa or Master card) are accepted

· all rooms have small private showers and toilet facilities.

· our house has got stairs without lift. We suggest you coming with small luggage.

· all evenings, we close the door at 11.00 pm

8. Re: Fraterna Domus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 11:19