We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colisseum tickets??

planet earth
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Colisseum tickets??

Is there a reputable website where I could get tickets in advance and not wait on line? Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will only be in Rome for one day since I will be on a cruise and that is one of my stops. Thanks

La Quinta...
Level Contributor
390 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colisseum tickets??

Are you planning to see any other sites while in Rome? Several attractions sell Roma Passes, if you buy one before you get to the coloseum you can bypass the lines, I am told. Roma pass has a english website, where you can see the other things they allow entrance into, it includes transportation, including the train from the port if you buy the PIU/Roma pass. But I don't know that you can get it in advance. Check out their website, I think at 20 euros its bound to save you some money Jennifer

La Quinta...
Level Contributor
390 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colisseum tickets??

I should have added, you get free entrance into 2 attractions and then discounts on subsequent attractions with the pass. There are many, many old posts from the experts on the Roma pass, just search the forum database.

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colisseum tickets??

Here's a link to a site that many recommend on this forum:

tickitaly.com/galleries/colosseum-rome-italy…

I would have suggested the Roma Pass but you may not get the value from it those staying in Rome for a few days do.

I would make sure that you don't need to go to the ticket office to get a ticket.

Or perhaps go to the Via dei fori imperiali entrance of the Forum, buy your ticket there (you need a ticket now for the Colisseum and Forum.) No one in line when we were there versus the entrance that the signs from the Colisseum point you to.

The entrance to the Colisseum has two sets of lines. The one on the left is the one for people with tickets. After getting through the first line (security) go around the ticket office lines and directly to the left of the ticket office is a turnstile entrance to the Colisseum.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colisseum tickets??

You can also get your combo ticket at the Via Gregoriana entrance to the Palatine Hill. The other day there were very short lines at both this and the Forum entrance.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colisseum tickets??

Actually, pierreci.it is the offical web site for colosseo tickets. You can even choose to purchase them and print them out yourself at home, so you can bring them with you, skip the line, and off you go.

6. Re: Colisseum tickets??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 04:20