We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

IL, USA
6 posts
Save Topic
Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

Can we walk in the Borghese Park without getting tickets for the art gallery?

I would like to see the art gallery but really, we'd just like to walk through the park.

We're going in early September; don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

You can definitely walk in the park w/o going to the gallery. There's lots to do; you can rent bikes or a boat to row around, picnic, etc.

Have fun!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

You will also find the Zoo within the Borghese Park, in case that's of interest--or the Villa Giulia museum, which has a lot of Etruscan finds.

You can enter the park at the north end of Via Veneto (among other entrances, of course), wander around, and eventually make your way to the Pincio Hill where you will find the pretty Pincio gardens and belvedere, with its view over Piazza del Popolo and the city -- and St. Peter's dome in the far distance, especially nice at sunset. The Pincio gardens and the Borghese park make up one contiguous tract of land.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

Borghese Park is enormous and Borghese Galeery is jsut one of the msuems in the Park along with the Etruscan Museum (Villa Giulia) and th modern art Museum. Borghese park was once the country estate fo Cardinal Borghese.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
950 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

Here's a web site with a ton of information about the gallery, the zoo, the park, etc.:

http://en.villaborghese.it

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
181 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

The park is definitely enormous! We almost missed our reservation for the Gallery because we got lost in the park!

rome
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

i walked through villa boghese once in my life & i saw some great sights: two masturbators and a couple having sex. all within 2 hrs.

i am not kidding.

7. Re: Borghese Park - different than the Gallery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 18:18