We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cya soon

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cya soon

I've not been much around, hope to have more time to start with September. In the meanwhile I hope those who are coming to Rome may have a nice trip and staying. Enjoy our beautiful Rome. The terrible heat seems to be over and you should be fine.

I'm leaving next Sunday, spending our summer leave in Anchorage and Chicago. If any of you has any good hint it would be appreciated.

Bye, bye for now Cinzia

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cya soon

Hi Cinzia

Have a lovely holiday !!! I'm so glad you are going back to Chigago, I know you love it, how long are you away ?

Have a super time !!!

Jess UK

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cya soon

Hi stettola,

In Chicago, please treat yourself to breakfast at Ann Sather Restaurant and have those gooey, sloppy, delicious cinammon rolls! It was fun watching that icing plopping around all over!

Enjoy.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cya soon

Cinzia! You need to come see us in Florida, amica!

The only suggestion I have for Chicago is that we at at a wonderful steak place on the Miracle Mile called the ChopHouse. One of the best steaks I've ever had in my life (next to the one I had in Firenze that was big enough to feed a family of four!)

Have a great trip!

Vicki

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cya soon

Hi Bella Cinzia,

Have a great trip here in the USA, I know you will.

Bob and I are going to tour the Roman countryside end of November. Will be in touch with you about places you might recommend us to visit.

Ciao and buon viaggio!

Kathy

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cya soon

Grazie to you all. Vicki I might "jump" to Florida next November.

Kathy please keep in touch. I have a couple of idee for Roman Countryside. Polenta da Ughetto a Ceri??

Jesse have a nice summer.

Ok I'm still feeling frightened, I still have to pack, I still have to decide a few things but we are almost ready. Is it me: why do I go near a nervous crisis everytime I leave? If anybody is like me let me know it'll do me good.

Cinzia

PS: the cinnamon rolls sound good, the bad news is (are?) I just found out I'm in a pre-diabetis condition. Maybe I can taste one...at least my doc said I can eat all the salmon I want in AK.

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cya soon

Thanks Cinzia,

I know Ceri is a town near Rome; however, I don't know what polenta da ughetto means...please explain.

Cornbread from ughetto?

Have a great trip and we'll email each other after you trip.

Ciao,

Kathy

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cya soon

In Chicago, you should not miss a visit with your fellow "expert". Write to me at jm@romewithkids.com and we can try to meet for dinner or prendere un caffe. If you want excellent Italian food, I would go to A Tavola, 2148 W. Chicago Ave. Call (773) 276-7567 for reservations. Their web site is atavolachicago.com.

For meat, the new restaurant, Zed 451, 739 N. Clark Street, Web site: Zed451.com, is a lovely experience. It is earthy, yet sophisticated, with four huge antipasti bars they call "harvest bars" and in addition, chefs come to your table and offer you a variety of roasted/grilled meats/fish. There are some 16 marinaded dishes and you can have many small tastes as you wish. It is not cheap; about $60 per person not including wine. It also has a gorgeous rooftop deck for sipping cocktails and enjoying a short menu. Reserve a seat by the indoor firepit.

Finally, for American food by an Italian chef. Chef Giuseppe Tentori was named one of Food & Wine's best chefs of the year. It's very popular now, so reservations are necessary, 1729 N. Halsted Street (by famous Steppenwolf Theater, whose ensemble member, Tracy Letts, just won a Pulizer Prize for best play), Tel. 312-337-6070. Web site BokaChicago.com.

You can't go wrong with places like Cafe Spiaggia, 980 N. Michigan Avenue, which has great views of Michigan avenue and the Oak Street Beach. But for ultra casual, maybe a salad, you can also walk onto the beach and eat at the Beachstro restaurant which is open seasonally (average food, great location on the beach). And lovely North Pond, 2610 N. Cannon Drive, Web site: northpondrestaurant.com, is also a good choice because it is located in the middle of Lincoln Park, surrounded by nature and a pond, but right downtown. The food is a little overpriced and overly fancy, but it is very good and the location is bella.

buon viaggio!

Kuala Lumpur
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cya soon

Stettola, you should be all excited about going on a trip than feeling so nervous!Just think about the good food, good company and wonderful places you will be visiting...oh and that american accent!

A decade ago I visited Chicago and stumbled upon this really good Italian pizza restaurant called Gino's Pizza.

I had the BEST, thick but crunchy crust pan pizza with overflowing cheesy yummy toppings!! I swear that was the BEST pizza I ever had. The restaurant was small and dark, with walls and even table cloths covered in graffiti. I can't remember the address but it was near the major shopping street downtown (the Avenue?). Opposite the restaurant was the chain clothing store called Urban Outfitters.

I hope your Chicago friends would be able to locate this restaurant for you...when I found it, it was already been around for 20-30 years. With such good pizzas, I'm sure it's still around today. Please, you must try it...especially if you are a pizza fan.

Have a great stay in Chicago!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cya soon

Kathy,

I don't know the answer to your question, but Stefano took us to a restaurant in Ceri when we visited the Etruscan Tombs in Cerveteri - I just happened to order Polenta and it was incredible - served on what looked like a big cutting board - just one portion. I think sometimes families eat polenta off of a huge board in the center of the table. So maybe Ceri is famous for Polenta? I didn't know that...I just love polenta so I guess I got lucky!

Vicki

(I'm really envying you right about now...I'm sitting at my desk pretending to work - not knowing when my next trip will be while your head is filled with thoughts of your upcoming return visit!)

rockville centre, ny
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cya soon

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the clarification.

Planning where to go for our week driving around the countryside.

Sometimes too much thinking and planning is not good...but I want to make sure we hit the most picturesque towns.

Any ideas are always welcome.

Went through my Italy albums last night and saw you and hubby at one of Ivano's dinners...had a great time that night.

Now Vicky, stop daydreaming about Italy and get back to work!

Ciao,

Kathy