Hi Everyone, I have been intensely reading this forum for the past month and I have to say this has got to be one of the most friendliest and informative forums that I have encountered on TA. Ok enough of that here is my reason for asking for help. My wife and I are taking our 3 grown children to Italy June 09 for 10 days. I have discovered that what I thought might be an affordable trip is fast becoming to much $$$. We want to spent at least 4 days in Rome and I am thinking an apartment in Rome is a good idea (thanks to all the great info here) versus a hotel. The kids must do list for the rest of Italy is Florence, Venice, Pisa (quick stop) and Pompei. Originally I was just going to book with GOBUS but it would cost at least $12,000 euros for all of us, I would like to do the whole thing for 1/2 of that. Any helpful opinion would be great.
1. Any idea of how we can accomplish this intenerary for less money (other than the obvious).
2. I have decided I like rentalinrome for our apartment, how much time in advance should I book.
3. Romecabs is defintley going to do our Rome airport transportation.
4. None of us speak italian but we are learning the basics but would rail travel be the best or would it be to confusing.
5. How you lay out your itenerary for visting each city, Rome first or last?
5. And finally did I pick a good time of the year to go? Thanks for any help.