We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via dei gracchi

Malta
Level Contributor
466 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Via dei gracchi

Hello everybody

Will be staying with my family in an appartment in Via Dei Gracchi. Does anybody have any tips about the area? Any information is most welcome.

Thanks a lot

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Via dei gracchi

Via dei Gracchi is in Prati neighborhood, a very residential place near Vatican City that is few bloks away. I am very pleased with your choise because I am sure that you will leave the city with a bit of Roman blood in your veins :) That's a place where you can feel perfectly mixed with the locals.

Via Cola di Rienzo is the commercial heart of it, filled with shopping windows; there is the department store Coin that has in its basement a large food store as well (Supermercato Standa). If you are food buffs there is Castroni that has specialties from all over the world and next door is Franchi, a grocery, always crowded with locals. You cannot miss their Supplì, fried rice balls with mozzarella & tomato sauce. If you don't feel cooking you can always take away the food picking from their cucine! For a good ice-cream there is Cantiani, near Piazza Risorgimento.

The Metro A, Ottaviano stop is yours, will take you every where easily; you have busses from Piazza Risorgimento as well (#81 for the Colosseum)

Ciao Daniela

I am sure that you won't regret the choise ;-)

Ciao Daniela

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Via dei gracchi

and... since you are staying Via dei Gracchi you have the perfect opportunity to learn about this:

villaivlilla.com/GensSempronia/cornelia.htm

www.unrv.com/empire/gracchi-brothers.php

There are many articles on the web on the subject of the Gracchus brothers and Cornelia, the mother of the Gracchi... the above are just two of them. Enjoy!

Malta
Level Contributor
466 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Via dei gracchi

Grazzie mille, Daniela and Eternalcity. That was definitely very helpful. My older son is already in Rome serving in the Basilica as an altar boy and he is havimg a lot of fun. We will join him next Friday and we are all excited about our Roman experience!

Arrivederci

David

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
426 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Via dei gracchi

You have to eat gelato in the gelateria at number 272, on eof the best in Rome (individual, lab-style production with all natural products). And around the corner, on via cicerone, there is a sicilian arancia and pizza by the piece place, try that, too.

Roma
Level Contributor
581 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Via dei gracchi

The neighbourhood of Prati - where Via dei Gracchi stands - is filled with good food shops, gelaterie, pizzerie, restaurant. I know a lot of them since I live in Prati. Just one suggestion here. Before going back to Malta, make a stop at "Franchi", in Via Cola di Rienzo, 204. There you will find the best souvenir you can bring back from Rome: prosciutto crudo (ham) e parmigiano (parmisan). Ask for 300 grams of prosciutto di parma and a piece of parmigiano reggiano. They will pack it on purpose for you for traveling. Once I saw a person that asked for 1 kilogram of prosciutto to take away! It turned out to be someone from Iceland!

Malta
Level Contributor
466 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Via dei gracchi

Thank You all for your valuable contributions. Tomorrow we start our Roman experience. Cannot wait

Arrivederci a tutti e grazie ancora

David

7. Re: Via dei gracchi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 15:18