We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

Hello. I am taking my husband to Rome as a surprise anniversary trip. We will be arriving mid-morning on a Sunday. We are going to stay at Suite Dreams, which I understand is near the Metro Repubblica stop.

Can anyone recommend what we should do for the Sunday afternoon and a restaurant for the evening meal? The day of our arrival, Sunday, is our actual wedding anniversary so it would be nice to have a relaxing afternoon and evening together before we start being tourists in earnest on Monday morning.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
426 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

How about a wine tasting to prepare for your stay? search for "vino roma" here at TA, and read the reviews. I have also been there once and can absolutely recommend her!

NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

A wine tasting sounds really lovely! The reviews are fantastic, and the price seems more reasonable than some of the other wine tastings I've been searching for.

After all that wine, I will be needing a dinner to soak it up. Perhaps there is a restaurant open on Sunday near VinoRoma that someone can recommend? There doesn't seem to be much near our hotel.

Thank you!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
426 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

I understand completely! There are some trattoria in the vicinity. We went to "barchetta" on the Via giovanni pierluigi da palestrina. This was really good, though not the cheapest maybe. Bit more economical and also close by is the "Berninetta" on via p. cavallini, a family run trattoria that seems to be very popular with locals. Simple but good food. As far as I know both are open for sunday dinner. Maybe you can also ask Hande for recommendations, I assume she would know stuff in the area.

4. Re: Sunday afternoon activity/evening meal recommendations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 17:22