We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Pimsleur Italian Program

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Pimsleur Italian Program

Pimsleur has a new program that goes beyond the advanced, Italian III B level. Does anyone have info about this, or have a recommendation?

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Pimsleur Italian Program

can anyone help ?

Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Pimsleur Italian Program

I think you are referring to the Pimsleur Italian Plus course? I finished it last month and I really liked it. It's a shorter course than level I, II, III and also more advanced. It's less focused on typical day to day traveler topics and really branches out into daily living and work environment situations. Worth the effort imo.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Pimsleur Italian Program

I also have the Pimsleur Plus, which just came out in July this year. Too late for my June trip to Italy. Like the rest of the Pimsleur courses, it has a business traveler bias. Otherwise, it seems to follow the standard format.

I don't have plans to return to Italy for a couple of years, so its hard to stay motivated. But I did I, II, and III and it worked perfect for my last trip. I didn't have one dead end moment. The only problem was that some people believed I was fast and fluent and they could talk faster than I could process.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Pimsleur Italian Program

I just finished the Pimsleur Plus lessons, and here is my recap: There were ten 30 minute lessons that were comparable to the rest of Pimsleur. It offers continued progress with grammer and vocabulary. I have recorded new vocabulary and phrases for the entire Pimsleur series (helps me review in an economic way) The Pimsleur Plus lessons give fewer new items, about one third of what earlier lessons.

I will be happier with it if I can re-sell the program on Ebay.

5. Re: New Pimsleur Italian Program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 07:17