We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

Hi, me and mz boyfriend are visiting Rome for 4 days from 28th Jan to 1st Feb. It would be great to either visit somewhere by the sea or preferably somewhere with snow...if possible? Does anyone know of anywhere? Thank you!!

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,627 reviews
from US$74.16*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,009 reviews
from US$60.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
484 reviews
from US$401.17*
Special Offer
Pompeii and Vesuvius – Day Trip From...
3,434 reviews
from US$146.61*
US$162.90
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

Hello Sarahy50:

Personally, Past february I went to "Sila", Camigliatello, in calabrian region. Beautiful place with snow.!!!

…informavacanze.it/winter-mountain-holidays.…

Enjoy!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

You mean sea or snow as a day trip, right? There's not a lot of snow near Rome, the best snow places are in the Alps, several hours away by train. The options closest to Rome would be in the Abruzzo region. Sea could be more practical, and easy to reach with public transportation, you could go to Ostia by train, just a half hour away from Rome, but not that pretty, as the best beaches are either south or north of Rome, a bit farther than Ostia.

How about a day trip to the countryside instead? Orvieto would be a great destination...

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

You could take the train to Ostia Lido, just to see the sea; takes about 40 minutes. Other seaside towns reachable within an hour or so on train: Anzio and Nettuno.

For snow within an hour and a half to two hours: Terminillo, Campo Staffi and, in Abrozzo, Campo Felice is really popular. Try skiinfo.it for more info.

I'm sure there is a ski bus that will take you up to one of these resorts from Roma, but I'm out of the loop to be honest. I'm sure there will be info on the web site.

4. Re: Snow in Jan? Best place to go bz the sea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 19:19