We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to walking tours

adelaide
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Alternative to walking tours

Mum and I will be spending nearly two days in Rome. I have been searching through these forums looking for ideas on tours. It seems most of the tours are walking ones. Mum was hoping to find a tour that doesnt involve a lot of walking as she has a sore back. I have seen information about the Rome cab tours and hop on hop off buses but not a lot else. Can anyone suggest something that would enable us to see lots of the sights. Also can anyone give me an idea about how much the Rome cab tours might cost. Thanks for your help.

Once in Rome
Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Dearoma Tours
Walking Tours, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Tourade
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,207 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to walking tours

Hello,

For the cost of the romecabs tour you should check out their website as they offer different tours of the city.

Have you thought about segway tours of Rome? They have a website /www.segwayfirenze.com/rometours.asp that might help.

Donna

adelaide
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to walking tours

Thanks Donna,

I didnt notice the cost when I looked at the tours. Ill have another look.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to walking tours

Part of the problem is that buses cannot really reach a lot of the main tourist sites (due to narrow streets, heavy traffic, etc). That leaves cabs as your main option, and they can be expensive.

One thing I enjoyed previously was the Archeobus which is an open minibus that departs from Termini and does the Appian Way. You can get off and see the catacombs and maybe walk a little on the Appian Way or you can just stay on the bus and see the sights. There is audio commentary in several languages.

4. Re: Alternative to walking tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:20