We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

I am having a very confusing time trying to find this one price. Can anyone help?

I have seen 10euro and then somewhere 14.50euro so which is the price? I wonder if it has gone up Jan.1 when the Roma Pass also went up to 23 euro?

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

on January 3rd we got the Coliseum/forum ticket (don't know if it included Palatine Hill) and it was 12 Euros.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Thanks, Yes the ticket includes all 3 I believe but now 12 euro is yet another price. Soo strange that it is not on the internet.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Dear Riffsmom,

When I was in Rome in November, the price of the entry ticket was 12 Euro. It would normally be 10 Euro, but there was a special exhibit on at the Colosseum, which added another 2 Euro to the price. The exhibit was displayed within the Colosseum, and not in a separate area, so there is no way to say you just want the basic ticket.

The good news for EU citizens (sorry we don't get included in this) over the age of 65 get in free. If you are in this group, make sure to bring your passport, and show it to the clerk at the ticket window to get your free ticket.

Cheers,

BT

Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Any way to get in the colloseum without having to que ?

(Last year i used the roma pass, but this time i wont use that)

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Dear Mr. Hoyt:

We bought our tickets at the Forum, where there was no one in line to get to the ticket counter. We then breezed into the Colosseum, with no problem, as there were two entrances- 1 for people buying tickets, and those who already had theirs.

Buona fortuna,

BT

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

MrHoyt,

You can buy your tickets online and print them out at home. This way you can bypass the line and go straight in. Go to ticketclic.it to do so.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

SoloRoma, The web site you provide shows the ticket price to be 13.50. This is yet ANOTHER price. How many prices for the same ticket can there be?????

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

I believe the online ticket sources (ticketclic.it) will charge a small surcharge for their services. These kinds of charges can vary depending on the company issuing the ticket, the initiatives (or sales) the company may be offering, and if there is an exhibit at the Colosseo. Should you line up and get your tickets at any entrance to the forums/palatine/colosseum, you will pay 11 euro with no exhibition cost that day, or an additional 2 euro to the basic ticket cost of 11 euro per person (non EU person) if there is an exhibit showing. Hopefully, that clears it up?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,664 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

The basic cost for a ticket to the Colosseum is 9 euros, but if there is an exhibit going on, there is a supplement, at the moment 3 euros. The ticket is good for two days, and includes admission to the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum as well.

My favorite site for ticket information is

www.pierreci.it

Unfortunately, they don't seem to recognize "Colosseum", so you have to search for "Colosseo", the Italian name. They always have up to date prices and hours, and they have exact information about reductions for students, seniors, groups, etc. They have free audioguides which you can download. These are a fairly detailed introduction to each monument. You can buy a more detailed audioguide at the site. They also sell tickets online, with a 1.50 charge for the service.

I would buy the tickets when I get there if I were not using a pass. If you buy tickets before you leave home, you're locking yourself into a schedule that may not be convenient when you get there. There are three entrances that sell tickets to the joint site. If there is a long line at the Colosseum ticket booth, try the Roman Forum or Palatine Hill ticket booths. Both are nearby.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: coliseum/forum/palatine hill entry price

Ciao Bivenci. Acutally, the Pierrici Website will send you to ticketclic.it anyway to buy the tickets online. I know they say that the base price is 9 euro + 3 euro for exhibition + 1.50 surcharge= 13.50 to buy online, but really, if you go in person, at any of the entrances Palatino/Colosseo/Fori Imperiali, the accurate base price is 11 euro currently. As a tourism writer, this kind of thing makes me crazy, too! Sometimes the best source is to just go read the prices at the sight, other times you can usually count on the romaturismo.com sight, since it's kept pretty up-to-date without worrying about on-line purchase fees etc. The Rome Tourism office works hard to keep all the sight info current, but even then....chi sa