We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hello Trip Advisors,

I'm interested in renting an apartment in Rome this summer from a rental agency called Romeloft.com. A post from May 2008 sought out other traveler's experiences with this agency, but to no avail. I've also come up emptyhanded at the Slow Travel Italy forum. Does anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks,

benbobbi

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

No one? I e-mailed the agency and asked them to provide contact information for references and they referred me back to the guest book on their website, which only includes favorable quotes with first names and cities and no independent way to verify the info. With very little available about Romeloft other than their website on the internet (only two favorable, but slight references on the UK Guardians travel website and one short positive review here on Trip Advisor), does that seem like enough to do business with them?

Thanks,

benbobbi

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,807 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hi Ben,

I would give it another day or so to hear from anyone here and then start looking for other agencies. I know rentalinrome gets so good reviews but you can also try venere.com for apartments, too.

Donna

Rome
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hello,

I suggest to search for direct contacts of the apartments owners without any third part.

You always get a better rate and then you deal with the owner direct, which always safer.

Good luck.

Francesco.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Unfortunately for the company (if it's a good one...) I wouldn't use them without hearing some good reviews, actually a majoring of good, a couple bad o.k. no one can please everyone... but the good would have to overwhelm the bad for me.

There are several companies on TA and SlowTrav that consistently get good reviews, I'd go with one of those.

london
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hi benbobbi,

here is some useful feedback, I hope.

I've been to Rome last Spring. What an amazing vacation!

I've stayed in the Trastevere area, in a very beautiful apartment which I booked via Romeloft. I've met Lorenzo, the agency owner, he was very friendly and recommended us a couple of unforgettable reastaurants as well! I really enjoyed the overall experience.

Josh

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hey, first time poster, How do we know you don't work for RomeLoft?

london
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Hi Lupaling,

I understand first time posters are obviously not often a reliable source of information - but just google romeloft.com:

…tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k1766…

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/tips/20260

I'd personally call the agency and speak with them - I always do so when I fear scam. Talking on the phone and understanding who's on the other end often pays off when dealing with internet agencies/shops.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

Thank you everyone for your help and input. It's a wild world out there, and I'm constantly amazed at how so many of you take the effort to help a total stranger to steer clear of danger, sharing your experiences and wisdom. Thank you.

benbobbi

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

I'm curious what your experience with Romeloft was like?

Thanks

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Experiences with Romeloft rental agency?

dindi,

in the end, we didn't rent with romeloft.com solely because I couldn't find out enough about its track record with other travelers. we rented from roman reference and have been very happy with our experience so far (we're in rome right now). if you rent from them, it would be great if you let the rest of us know how it goes, as their apartments look wonderful on their website!

best,

benbobbi