We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best views of rome from ???

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best views of rome from ???

hello... from where does one get nice scenic views of rome and or the vatican? cheers

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best views of rome from ???

Here are my favorite spots for views, meaning vantage points where you can see a wide panorama of the city.

The top terrace of Castel Sant'Angelo

The Pincian overlook in the Villa Borghese park

The Janiculum (Gianicolo) hill, with good views of the Vatican on one side and to the south and east on the other side.

Rome
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best views of rome from ???

Totally agree with bvlenci - and might add St. Peter's cupola for a view of the surrounding area...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
690 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best views of rome from ???

We had picturesque views of the sunset from the top of the Spanish Steps, of the Colosseum and the Forum from the top of Palatine Hill, and as the previous posters said, from the top of St. Peter's.

Streetside, head to the bridges for great views of the dome of St. Peters' and the Tiber.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best views of rome from ???

One of the most beautiful views in town.... from the gardens of Santa Sabina on Avetine Hill overlooking the Tevere - often undiscovered!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best views of rome from ???

excellent... thnaks for the suggestions...

Alicante
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best views of rome from ???

As I did read somewhere, you can get the best views in Rome from the top of the Vittorio Emmanuele monument, just for the fact that it's the only place in Rome from where you can't see the Vittoriano.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best views of rome from ???

From the Ponte Umberto I, there's a fine view over Ponte Sant' Angelo to St. Peter's. Nice spot for early photo shots.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
367 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best views of rome from ???

Knights of Malta keyhole view of .... oops won't spoil the surprise!

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best views of rome from ???

Really great question keepinItReal! Can any of you replying please let me know how easy it would be to access any of these suggested vantage points for a wheelchair user? Steepness of slopes on hills or lift access etc., many thanks and I hope you wont mind me highjacking your question Keepin xx

indiana
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best views of rome from ???

juejosh: I don't know if this is of use but I came across a site on accessible Rome

slowtrav.com/italy/accessible/rome/index.htm