We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabro-Ficulle train station/town of Fabro

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Fabro-Ficulle train station/town of Fabro

My friend will arrive at the Fabro train station some time on a Saturday, either morning or afternoon, after she flies into Rome and travels to meet us. She may have to wait for us to pick her up since we are traveling by car from Verona. Is there somewhere within walking distance that will be a good place to sit and wait--perhaps a cafe? I have read an endorsement for the restaurant Il Focolore on a TA post, but I'm not sure how close it is--it's on a street Ctr. Della Stazione, but the google map shows that to be a very long street which crosses the autostrada, so it's of no help. Can anyone offer advice? Perhaps the Chiusi station would be a better choice, as we will be passing that town on our way to our final destination, La Casella in Ficulle. Thanks for your help.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabro-Ficulle train station/town of Fabro

Google Maps is right; Il Focolare is way to hell and beyond across the autostrada from where the train tracks are shown.

Chiusi is a better idea. There's a bar and a trattoria within spitting distance of the train station in Chiusi Scalo. Bars are open all day long; trattorias are only open for lunch and dinner.

The bar may well not be very spiffy, but it might be the better place to wait - if it has sit-down tables inside or outside, which it probably does.

Go to www.visual.paginegialle.it and enter >bar< in the first box and >chiusi scalo< in the second. Repeat with >ristorante< in the first box.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabro-Ficulle train station/town of Fabro

You can also repeat the same exercise with >fabro< in the second box. There's a bar and a restaurant on Piazzale della Stazione, which, I assume, is the square in front of the train station. The same bar vs. restaurant timing would apply as in Chiusi Scalo.

3. Re: Fabro-Ficulle train station/town of Fabro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 05:16