We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marcellus theatre 2009 season??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
marcellus theatre 2009 season??

Hello everyone

I have tried to find out what the program is at the Marcellus Theatre in May 2009. But haven't found anything. I know they play both chamber music and opera. Can someone give me info or a website please that will tell me whats on on MAy 2009 at Marcellus Theatre.

Many thanks in advance for your time and input.

cheers

HP

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

From the look of this Web site, the season only starts on June 5, 2009:

classictic.com/en/Rome/Area-Archeologica-del…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

Thankyou for your post. "Classic Tics" is only a booking agent and can offer no assistance. They said the seasons starts in May thats why I am hoping for further info. I can only hope :-)

cheers

HP

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

Did you get to Marcellus Theatre? I want to find out what the seating is like. Is it like Verona, some seats and stone steps etc. Is the music popular opera? - want to bring along a couple of people who are not exactly opera lovers.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

And, were you able to find out if it's chamber music or opera arias before the show? If so, where and how?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

The Theater of Marcellus is not one of those open air greek styule theaters. here must be rooms inside where the performance goes one.

Here are pcitures of the outside

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

6. Re: marcellus theatre 2009 season??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:33