We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

When we went to Rome about four years ago I followed the excellent advice on here and bought a joint ticket to the Palatine hill and the Colosseum at the Palatine hill ticket office. After wandering around the Palatine hill we then went to the Colosseum bypassing the lengthy queue with our combined tickets. I can't see any recent posts about this, can anyone tell me if this is still possible?

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Yes, it's still possible. Admission to the Roman Forum is no longer free and is now included in the combo ticket that is valid for two days.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Thanks very much for your speedy reply Zerlina. Do you still buy them at the Palatine Hill ticket office?

I assume the queues would be longer at the Forum ticket office.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Yes. I was just there this week. The ticket is good for the Palantine, Colosseum and the Forum.

UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Can you also buy them at the Forum?

If so, are reduced tickets available from here too? Also, how are the queues at the Forum?

trip_too_far
Level Contributor
233 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

I'm going to buy the Rome Pass for €23 which allows free entry to the first 2 attactions you visit.

The Colloseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill count as one of those 2 free visits. Sweeeeet.

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

The Roma Pass is great...you get to skip the LONG Colosseum line - and use it for public transport too

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

Thanks for all your help.

8. Re: Joint ticket to Palatine Hill and Colosseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:21