We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

I hope someone is out there that may know the answer to this question. About 5 years ago my Fiance and I went to see the Santo Stefano Rotondo Church and it was under renovations. A very nice construction worker let us in through the plastic, but the paintings were hard to see through the dust and plastic sheets. I just did a search and saw a post from 2006 saying it was still under construction. Does anyone know if they are done yet or if you can view the paintings?

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

bump - I'll try one more time just in case. (:

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

I'm afraid I really don't know, but the Italian version (I don't trust the English version) of the Comune di Roma's Web site www.060608.it doesn't say anything about the church being under restoration.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

A year ago the main restoration of Santo Stefano was, more or less, complete and visiting was possible.

Very lovely church; while you are up there do visit Santa Maria in Domnica just across the street, it's also lovely with a beautifully carved wood ceiling.

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

Thanks!!!!

5. Re: Santo Stefano Rotondo, is this still under construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 02:17