We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico
7 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

A friend of mine told me he had dinner in Rome at a restaurant where they sing opera. He has no idea of the name of the restaurant but remember it was a beautiful area with a lot of restaurants. Anyone knows where this might be or can recommend other restaurants.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

I don't know the restaurant, but I vaguely remember hearing of it. I wouldn't expect either good food or good music at such a place. If you tell us where you'll be staying, we can help you better with restaurant choices. You're friend may be talking about the Trastevere neighborhood, but there are many beautiful neighborhoods with lots of restaurants in such a big city.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

I bet that the place was the Trattoria Salsamenteria Verdiana, in via metastasio near the Pantheon (open every day from 11am to 1am; fri & sat from 11am to 3am). The owner comes from Busseto, the little town near Parma where Giuseppe Verdi was born, and so the food-cucise is also from there (don't miss the Parma Ham and their aaaamazing salami varieties!!!!). The same restaurant is also in via cernaia and being off the touristic tracks is populated mostly by the locals.

Watch this video to have a better idea:

www.salsamenteriaverdiana.it/ITA/video.html

Ciao Daniela

Mexico
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

Daniela:

Thank you for your tip. I already browse their web site & sent an e-mail for reservations.

Do you know by any chance of a restaurant in Verona with opera singers different from SALSAMENTERIA VERDIANA.

Thanks,

Isabel

4. Re: Restaurant in Rome with Opera singers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 18:18