We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

I couldn't find a place to review the apartment we stayed in or the Bed and Breakfast Association of Rome in the B&B review section so am putting it here.

We went through the BED & BREAKFAST Association of Rome: website http://www.b-b.rm.it/index.php, the apartment we stayed in was: Cod. 029 Navona - Tor di Nona

The location was great! literally 5 minutes from Piazza Navona, close to the Bridge of Angels, 15 minute walk to St. Peters... so if you are planning on walking to the different sites this is a nice place to stay.

The owner met us at the apartment, Signore Silvestri was very nice and friendly. Took us on a brief tour of the neighborhood, the route to Piazza Navona and the local grocery store. He was helpful with leaving us a map and explaining where the bus could pick us up at. A bus stop is right around the corner on Via Zanardelli and the number 70 there can take you to the Termini bus/train station so that was handy too. We didn't need to use the air conditioning so can't comment on that, we did need to use the heat and it worked well. The floors are cement so you might want to bring a pair of slippers as it was pretty cold. The apartment is well appointed and had everything we needed, the kitchen well stocked. Small fridge, 3 burner gas stove, oven, plenty of pots and pans, silverware and even a dishwasher. The bathroom has a combo washer/dryer. Unfortunately I didn't know how to use it and Signore Silvestri didn't either. So I tried my best and experimented a bit and was able to clean our clothes, as for drying them, that was another story... the only recommendation to make this apartment better would be to post the directions in English because I probably wasted water and electricity in my experimenting ... I should have gotten directions from my TripAvisor friends... next time...

The layout of the apartment was fine, you are on the ground floor and walk into the living room. This has a TV, 2 chairs, coffee table and couch. Overlooking it is the small but modern kitchen along side the dining table with 4 chairs. After walking between the kitchen and table you enter the bedroom. It has a comfortable queen sized bed and a bench for your suitcases or whatever. A nice closet with some drawers and hanging space to store your clothes in. Through the bedroom is the bathroom. There are two sinks, a toilet with bidet attachment, a shower that is floor level, the shower curtain does a good job of keeping the water off of everything. There are some shelves for putting your bathroom supplies on and an alcove with the washer/dryer.

All and all it is a nice and very clean apartment with a great location. It is down the stairs off of Lungo Di Tor di Nona next to the River. We got attached to our little grocery, Di Per Di around the corner on Via Dei Coronari. The apartment owner was nice to work with and takes care of his apartment as it is obviously well cared for and perhaps recently remodeled, as everything looked new.

The Bed & Breakfast Association of Rome was wonderful to work with too. I had many emails with Marie there and she was great! I had to change details/dates a couple of times and she had everything under control, wasn't fazed by it at all. I really appreciated her flexibility and understanding with changing plans! Thank you Marie if you read this. I would use the B & B Association of Rome again in a minute.

If I can answer any questions I left unanswered in my review please ask.

San Diego
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

Just wanted to add that I recently stayed in this apartment and had similar experiences. I highly recommend it for the location and value. I plan to stay here again.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
945 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

Now the important question--where'd you eat in the neighborhood????

austin, texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

I am considering this apartment. Did anyone have a reason to use the sofa bed? My son would sleep there and I wonder if it is comfortable? Also, was it quiet, or was there street noise from the big road by the river?

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

The bedroom was quiet but there isn't a lot of car traffic as it's a very small street you are actually on. You could occasionally hear people talking as they walked past... don't remember any noise from the street next to the river (Lungo Di Tor di Nona).

Had no occasion to use the sofa bed so don't know if it's comfortable or not. I would assume it is good quality as everything in the apartment was of a nice nature. The bed in the bedroom was comfortable.

Enjoy!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

We stayed at a different apartment on via Tor Di Nona, 22B - 2 bedroom, which was fantastic. Location is unbeatable. There is a great restaurant downstairs from 22B, Lily Trattorria, which is about 50% cheaer than restaurants 2 streets away. It is patronised by locals who all seem to know each other and go there to have a great meal. The owner was very welcoming. Our son has a serious food allergy which they coped with well and with understanding. We were disappointed that we left it so late in our stay to eat there. There is a lovely restaurant about 2 minutes away: Osteria dell'Antiquario - piazza di San Simeone. The setting here is gorgeous, outside area overlooks a small piazza and small fountain. However more expensive that Lily, but a completely different experience. Proseco to start with and limoncello to finish (at no charge), and wonderful food. Fiumi 4 at Piazza Navona is also great for pizza and a glass of wine watching the crowds go by. A small bottle of wine is 8 euros, whilst another restaurant 3 doors up, charges 8 euros for a glass of house wine.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

Fantastic to hear, people who supply good service and products should be praised so others know about them.

7. Re: Apartment Review Cod.029 Navona-Tor di Nona, B&BAssociation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 06:18