We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries and take out in Jewish Ghetto area

Dallas
Level Contributor
96 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries and take out in Jewish Ghetto area

We will be staying in the Jewish Quarter in an apartment. We are a family of four adults. Any recommendations for grocery shopping or less expensive restaurants. And by less expensive I don't mean 30 Euros a person, which I saw on one post as inexpensive!! We were thinking of eating breakfast in the apartment, although the pasty/coffee thing sounds wonderful as well. Might eat lunch out or picnic as we site see and maybe dinner back in the Jewish Quarter or the apartment. I would appreciate any ideas or recommendations.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries and take out in Jewish Ghetto area

There's a grocery store right on Via Vittorio Emanuele and there are lots of bakeries, sandwich shops, etc. in and around the Ghetto-especially on Via Portico d'Ottavia, Piazza Mattei etc. No problems. You can also cross Via Arenula and you'll find lots more on the way into Campo dei Fiori.

2. Re: Groceries and take out in Jewish Ghetto area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 10:18