We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Italian Films?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Italian Films?

Can anyone suggest some good, recent Italian films for me to add to my list? Recent ones, let's say from the last 3 years?

We'll be staying home this year (boo-hoo) and will be living vicariously through TA Trip Reports and Italian films.

Best to you all, and especially those who are heading to Rome soon!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Recent Italian Films?

Eccomi Mike!!!!! :D

I have my list too:

- any film by Ozpetek (Le fate ignoranti, Saturno contro...);

- any film by/with Nanni Moretti (Caro Diario, Il Caimano -to understand why we have Berlusconi...);

- La meglio gioventù by Marco Tullio Giordana (simply amazing!!!); but also I cento passi is unforgettable.....

- any film by Pupi Avati;

- any film by Luigi Magni, to have a true picture of life/history of XIXth century Rome!!!

- some films by Gabriele Salvatores, especially the bitter-sweet commedies as Marrakech Express & Mediterraneo (that won the Oscar).

I can go on & on..... ;)

Hugs Daniela

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Recent Italian Films?

I recently loved "Si può fare" with Claudio Bisio http://www.sipuofarefilm.it/

Even this is a light and funny first opera. http://www.pranzodiferragosto.it/

Just to stay with recent films, but already on DVD.

Ciao

Francesco

P.S. "Pane e tulipani" is wonderful, and a MUST for the lovers of a venice less than obvoius

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Recent Italian Films?

Thank you Daniela & Francesco!!

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Recent Italian Films?

What about a little movie "Il pranzo di Ferragosto"? I loved it: about elderly mamas.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Recent Italian Films?

Ciao Stettola!

Yes, Francesco liked that movie too. It's not available here yet (on Netflix) but I have it saved for when it becomes available. The story looks like a LOT of fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Recent Italian Films?

got to see Caterina in the big city tonight, quite GOOD , thank you guys , keep this thread up so i can get ideals,

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Recent Italian Films?

the classic "Novecento" (a movie in two parts) by Bertolucci bros

48. Re: Recent Italian Films?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 05:20