We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

I have researched the hotels in the Piazza Navona / pantheon area extensively and only two places have availability when we will be there. We are needing 2 nights for 4 people (2 Adults and 2, 17 year-olds). My options are the Navona Garden Suites (200 euro for 1 large quad room - DaVinci I ) or the Albergo Santa Chiara for a quad which appears more dated, but more space. Please help us decide!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

I love the Pantheon and so would go for the Santa Chiara it is a slightly dated hotel but I personally love the buzz in this area of the city.

Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

I stayed at the Santa Chiara this past October & was very pleased. It gets good reviews here on TA.

usa
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

THe navona garden suites are defnitely not large enough for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. the room is very tight and there is no place to keep clothes except an armoire to hang clothes. we were there last summer with our two pre teen children and it was very tight quarters.

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

FunandSun2, I can't help you with your question but I did want to ask ninarosen if the room is fine for 2 adults. Website pictures make the rooms seem spacious.

We are also staying at the Navona Gallery Suites Bernini and Borromini rooms later in the trip upon our return to Rome so I was wondering if you got a look at those suites at all during your stay and might share some comments. Here, too, I noticed that the room sizes were corrected on the website - original measurements given indicated much larger rooms than what is shown now. I do hope that all other information given about the accommodations is accurate.

As for clothing storage, I do agree about not having clothing storage places other than hanging up. Sometimes you just want to leave things in stacks in drawers to make it easier to re-pack, especially for a brief stay.

Good luck FunandSun2 with your search for a place to stay. Enjoy your trip!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

Marianna2...The Navona Garden Suites and the Navona Gallery Suites are two different organizations.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

Navona Garden Suites and Navona Gallery Suites are owned by the same people.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,840 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

Hello,

Both are in wonderful locations close to Piazza Navona and the pantheon. I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Chiara seems to get slightly better reviews and is a little larger.

Donna

USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

Hi Zerlina, yes, the Navona Gallery and Garden Suites are owned by the same family. If I am not mistaken, the suites/rooms are in different parts of the same building.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

I have stayed there and they are still two different organizations. Same building different locations and very different rooms. The Navona Gallery Suites are a bit of an upgrade from the Navona Garden Suites.

usa
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Albergo Santa Chiara or Navona Garden Suites?

THe rooms are large enough for 2 adults. the two beds in the room are close together, but it's fine for 2. i think the gallery suites are a little larger and more charming. the garden suites are new and very clean but standard. the location can't be beat- you're in the center of everything.