We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome restaurants

southern california
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
rome restaurants

looking for best choice quality/price dinner in rome on 25 may (a monday). where do the locals go? is ditirambo still recommended? It's our 25th anniversary and would like special place but not over the top. we're staying in trastevere but any location is fine.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome restaurants

It helps to give information if you tell us how much you are willing to pay?

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome restaurants

Yes the restaurant is still in business. It has a large vegetarian menu plus fish and meat also. It is in many guide books so it is rather full of tourist. Not the most romantic place in town ,but nice.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rome restaurants

Consider Antico Arco on the Gianicolo. Classic cuisine revisited, not as touristy as Ditirambo and just above Trastevere. It has a Web site.

southern california
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rome restaurants

around 100E but very flexible. looking for good food and experience first. what about alle fratte in trastevere. lived in Naples for three years and am cautious about too touristy a venue in rome. may be hard to avoid. enjoy southern as well as northern - but not 5th quarter (no arco antico). thank you for your help

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rome restaurants

We had a very good dinner at Antica Pesa in Trastevere in Sept. 2007. We dined outdoors in their courtyard, which was very atmospheric and romantic. I had the best pasta dish I've ever had there - simply spaghetti with pecorino cheese, which I understand is a Roman specialty (cacio e pepi). If I recall correctly, that should be around the price range you mention (although I think we only did two courses). It was definitely upscale, not over the top, and the outdoor courtyard really made it special.

Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rome restaurants

I suggest you take a look at http://www.arapacisrestaurant.it

Their menu is all in Italian so I'm assuming it's not an extremely touriesty place. Luckily, we were in the company of an Italian so language was no problem. The food is extremely good & service is great!!

7. Re: rome restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 03:30