We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miles & Miles Tour Company

New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Miles & Miles Tour Company

We've tried twice by e-mail to book a tour and get a price from Miles & Miles tour company, but never receive a response. Please suggest how to get in touch to make a reservation. We wanted to book before our cruise begins 5/24/09.

Thank you.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,080 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

If you haven't heard back from them after two attempts it may be a sign of how they conduct business. I would try another company. If you do a search of this forum you will get many good ideas of tour companies.

If you are looking for a day tour from the cruise port to Rome you can take the train into the city and then have a company like romecabs.com take you on a tour of your liking. this will be the least expensive way to see the city with a tour.

donna

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

If you haven't heard back after 2 attempts, then I would say they are not interested nor reliable. Forget them and find someone else. There are many good tour guides in Rome. Stefano of RomeCabs gets good recommendations.

I have used Claudio Caponero several times and recommended him to others. Here's his website:

http://www.limoinrome.com/index.php

Also you could do walking tours w/ several recommended companies.

http://www.orangelimosrome.com/

Good luck. Have a wonderful trip.

May

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

Romecabs/Stefanorometours is probably the best reviewed company here on Tripadvisor.

They will get back with you within one day, and if you email them early, you may hear back the same day.

Romecabs/Stefanorometours is basically the same company with two different specialties: Romecabs concentrates on transfers and Stefanorometours concentrates on tours.

Will you already be in Rome prior to your cruise? Or will you be traveling from the cruise port to Rome for your tour?

If you will look at their website, www.stefanorometours.com, you will see a tour called "Rome in a Day from Civitavecchia" If you will already be in Rome, or if you plan to take the train from the cruise port to Rome, the price will be cheaper. You just need to let them know that you want your tour to start in Rome rather than them picking you up at the cruise port.

If you are at the cruise port, consider going on the website www.cruisecritic.com to their roll call section. It's a forum format similar to this one. Find your specific cruise and see if anyone would like to join you on the tour. If you can get together a group of 8 people, the price is only 75 euros per person for a full day Rome tour and that includes transportation from the cruise port to Rome and back. When you ask for people to join you, make sure that you let them know what the tour is about (which you will find out on the www.stefanorometours.com website).

If you do get others to join you, you can also take the train to Rome, and meet your tour driver there. The tour will be cheaper since they aren't picking you up at the cruise port, but if you have the tour company pick you up at the cruise port, the positive of that is that the tour drivers all speak excellent English, so you get a mini tour and a lot of great information on your way to Rome. Basically, the more people you have in your group, the cheaper it is for everyone. It's like when you take a taxi; it's cheaper for four people in the same taxi than one.

Here is a link her on Tripadvisor with what people are saying about this company: (and remember, Romecabs and Stefanorometours are the same people)

…tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k1934…

If you try to get others to join you, give them that link so that they can see what a great company this is, and also give them the link to the tour company itself so that they can read all about the tour.

We have used this company for both tours and transfers and we wouldn't consider using anyone else. They're just that good.

You can email the owner, Stefano, at romecabs@yahoo.com, or contact them through the website.

Tell them Vicki sent you and you will get the royal treatment, guaranteed!

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at vickisfloyd@hotmail.com.

Have a great trip!

Vicki

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

Thank you. Vicki,

Just sent Stefano a message. Thanks so much for the info it is very helpful.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

You're welcome, Cheryl. You will love this company! I hope that Stefano himself is available for you, but if not, his whole team is great...you'll have a wonderful tour with them.

Let me know if I can answer any further questions...

Buon viaggio!

Vicki

6. Re: Miles & Miles Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 07:18