We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour

Washington
Level Contributor
298 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best tour

I would like to visit Italy on a tour I have been before but my husband has not.I would like it to include Rome,Venice,Florence,southern as well and posibly Sicily would like to go for two-three weeks can someone recommend a good afforable tour? would like to go in 2010 months june-aug. thanks for help

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tour

Tauck Tours is highly regarded

Globus Tours is mid priced and goes to the places you wish to visit.

These are two of the largest and with good experience. Be sure when you read the information that the hotels are actually in the city you are visiting. Low priced tours often have their hotels in near by cities. For example: You are suppose to visit Venice but the hotel is in Mestre. Mestre is not Venice!! Close but no cigar!

Washington
Level Contributor
298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tour

Thanks for the info I favorited both sites.

Washington State
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tour

We took the Tauck "Classic Italy" tour, and loved it!

We posted a review about our experience on this webpage:

http://www.1mpages.com/ReviewTauckItaly.html

I hope it is helpful!

Washington
Level Contributor
298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best tour

Thanx Pere-

That was really helpful,I really like that tour and as you brought out that flight days are not counted as tour days.I really think we might go with this group.

5. Re: Best tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 06:22