We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

We will be traveling to Rome at the end of July for a 3 day stay. I have been researching hotels and apartments. There are so many areas of Rome that I do not know where to begin!

Can anyone suggest an area I should be focusing on? We would like to be within an easy walking distance to sites. I am trying to be keep cost within reason which might be impossible in Rome.

Any suggestions on accomadations, tours or sites, what to see and what to skip would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

Are there any children in your group of 5, if so, what are there ages?

That will give us a better idea so we can help you a bit more.

Melissa :o)

KS
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

Our family of 5 were very pleased with our stay at the Hotel Madrid which is between the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

We are staying in an apartment with 4 adults and 2 children this is the link

http://www.elvirahouse.com/

Nothing overly flash but Elvira has been very helpful with emails etc and it is right near the colossuem. It is also very resonably priced. Ask her for a quote sometimes better than the rates she has on her site as she does not seem to charge for the children which is rare in Rome

Sam

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,116 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

The best area is central, around Pantheon/Trevi/P Navona, handy for walking and transport and very safe, lovely to wander at night when lots of tourists hacve left.

We have used www.sleepinitaly.com for a past stay in an apartment and for an upcoming one, but you have left your time for booking an apartment rather late. Even by last October one apartment we wanted for September 2009 was booked while we were thinking about it, so the best has probably gone. However, they are incredibly helpful if you email them asking what is available.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
912 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

We just got back on Tuesday and for 4 of us stayed at Navona Gallery Suites for a 2BR/2BA unit with kitchen including breakfast foods/drinks. The location was great - in the heart of everything and only 1 block from Piazza Navona. Tons of restaurants right outside our door too! It was a really nice apartment too. Mostly furnished with antiques from the owner's antique shop. I would stay there again.

West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

We have 3 children, ages 8,8 and 11. Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

Hi there, I travelled last year to Rome with my 11 year old son and he loved seeing the following attractions, so did I:

The Time Elevator Rome - a 3D (well, actually, a 4D) movie that takes about 45 mins and shows the last 3000 yrs of Roman History in a fun way for all the family.

http://www.time-elevator.it/en/index.htm

The Cappuchin Crypt - beneath the church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini on the Via Veneto near Piazza Barberini. See the info in the links I have provided below. A liitle macabre but interesting all the same.

www3.sympatico.ca/tapholov/pages/bones.html

http://eternallycool.net/?p=728

cappucciniviaveneto.it/cappuccini_ing.html

Melissa :o)

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,054 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

July is high season and isn't too long from now. Availability might be a problem. An Apt will be cheaper than a hotel once you start talking about any party bigger than 2.

I have used Rome-Acccomodation with good luck in the past. I thought theri rates were reasonable compared with others

rome-accommodation.net/apartments-rome.xhtml

Rome has good public transport. It's a trade-off: the closer you are to Centro Storico (where everyone wants to stay) the more you pay per night. Areas easily accessible by public transport outside Centro Stoico are often less expensive. You have to decide what's most important to you.

9. Re: Hotel/Apartment for family of 5 in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:19