We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

Hi,

I will be visiting Rome this week for the second time. My first trip was with my dad, but this time i'm taking my boyfriend- we are both in our early twenties.

Can anyone recommend any places to visit and things to do that are appropriate to our age as the focus of my first trip was to see as many sights and museums as possible and i missed out on doing anything 'young and cool.'

We fully intend to do some sight-seeing (Vatican/colosseum/the usual), but we want to chill out a bit too. NB- i am not simply asking where we can get s*** faced.

Thanks!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

Walking across the river Tiber to the Trastevere area is very well worth doing. It's chic and cool, as we used to say, with lots of boutique type shops, cafes and restaurants and a generally youthful buzz. I remember buying some take away pizza there a few years ago very cheaply - it was quite wonderful!

Go across via the island in the Tiber, and one of Rome's oldest bridges; and be sure to visit the Piazza of S. Maria in Trastevere- an ideal place in Rome to chill out, with a a quite lovely church with gorgeous mosaics, set in a really nice piazza that has a great ice cream parlour, fountain and much local life.

rome
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

Hmm, if I understand the question right:

Try going to the bars in Monti or Ponte Milvio or Pigneto (campo dei Fiori and Trastevere are for beginners/tourists, lol!). The night clubs in Testaccio.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

We are tourists! Thanks to both of you for the advice, should be on our way to Rome this time tomorrow!

4. Re: activities/places to go ideal for young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:16