We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scavi tour confirmation

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
scavi tour confirmation

Yes

I am so excited. Just received confirmation for a Scavi tour for September 22.

Was really surprised to hear on a Saturday.

Barrie, Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scavi tour confirmation

I am getting a little worried. I have requested dates for the second week in September and haven't heard anything yet.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scavi tour confirmation

Yay!!! Getting closer! Just curious...when did you sbmit your request for the 9/22 date?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scavi tour confirmation

I actually sent in my first request mid March, then mid April, then mid May, then the beginning of June.

Recently they only seemed to be processing a month in advance but mine is two and a half months in advance so I am thrilled.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
274 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scavi tour confirmation

beachtraveler, can you please let me know how many times, out of the four times you wrote a request, that you got the automated reply? Just the response that basically confirms they got your request?

Because I have sent four requests as well, dating back to April, and I have gotten NOTHING. I've checked my settings, and there is nothing to indicate that the Vatican would be blocked from sending me email. I've even checked my spam folders...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scavi tour confirmation

I always sent to both of the email addresses they list.

Each time I always got a confirmation from just one.

The first time it did show up in my spam box which I somehow found because our internet provider, comcast, at that time was in the process of changing our email setup.

I then added them to the list of allowed addresses.

Also try to email at the times they would be open over there.

If I emailed late at night I would not get the auto email until the next morning.

I will also tell you that if I did not hear by the end of July, with my trip being in mid September I was going to find a way to get a fax sent to them.

If I were you I would try the fax route. There has to be some problem with the email between the two of you.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scavi tour confirmation

Open up a free hotmail account. I know they go through. Sometimes when you don't get the auto response, it's due to the email account you have. Try going the Hotmail route and see if you get the auto response. This has worked for a lot of people.

Vicki

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scavi tour confirmation

Great idea on the hotmail.

Let us know what happens Sanjuro.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scavi tour confirmation

I just received my Scavi confirmation for the second week in August. So if you are waiting for a September confirmation, I would not worry yet.

IMB

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
274 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scavi tour confirmation

Thanks for the tip vickisfloyd. Actually, last night at about 1 AM (which for me is about 8 AM Rome time) I sent a request to both Scavi emails with a Yahoo account.

And I got the automated reply! Finally. On my FIFTH try. I guess the Vatican doesn't like AOL addresses, or vice versa.

I guess I'm still a little worried though because it was late, and I did something silly... My main email is still the AOL address, and that's the email I left unchanged in the content of the letter. I asked them to contact me at the AOL address instead of the Yahoo address!

Now, I have to wonder if I've been confirmed for the tour in a few weeks, but the email is lost. Ha ha. Why can't this just be simple, heh.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scavi tour confirmation

You won't be confirmed until you hear again and send your credit card info.

I would send another email asking them to reply to the new email address.