We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
danielg282
3 posts
Save Topic
Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

can anyone recomend a reliable tranfer company to handle a tranfer from Citavecchia to FCO other than rome cabs? I tried rome cabs but they said they are all booked up. I'd prefer a company that can come right up to where the ships dock so we don't have to take a shuttle bus to the port entrance.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

I've used www.romeshuttlelimousine.com around a dozen times for Fiumicino-Rome transfers without a problem, and they do Civitavecchia transfers as well. Whether they are allowed into the port area, I have no idea.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

Daniel -

I just booked Romecabs yesterday and got a confirmation from Stefano, to pick me up at the cruise port on 8/12 and bring me to my hotel in Rome. Then on 8/14 they will bring me to the airport from the hotel. No problem. When are you going? Is is a holiday travel? My cruise is Royal Caribean, Italy 7/31 to 8/12. I took the cruise line transfer to the ship and it is almost double to what Romecabs charges ($90 per person and Romecabs is E150($208 approx.) for four people).

Dustygirl

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

Daniel, Have you gone to Cruise Critic.com? Once you sign up you can go to your cruiseline, ship, and sailing date and find your group in Meet and Mingle.

Once there you can ask if someone can share a ride to the port. We had a problem with Rome Shuttle Limo not showing up, so if you have to take them, be sure to bring their phone number and either a cell phone or some Euros in coins for the phone.

at albert
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

Hi, I have booked RomeCabs for an Aug 3 excursion from Citavecchia we are arriving on Norwegian Jade.

If you are on the same ship contact me pgranik@shaw.ca to see if we can work something out depending on how many people are needing transport.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

As suggested, try the cruise critic site to see if you can share a ride w/ others going on the same cruise. That will save you quite a bit of money doing a share ride. You can access cruise critic from the TA boards. Just look for your ship and sail date.

You should not have a problem having a driver meet you. They will be waiting for you w/ a name sign as you come off the ship. Vehicles aren't allowed beyond a certain point (at least this is what we have been told) but you don't have to walk a long distance to get to the vehicle picking you up.

We have used Claudio Caponera several times for pickups. Here is his website:

http://www.limoinrome.com/index.php

Here is another one to check out:

www.romashuttle.com

Good luck.

6. Re: Cruise transfer other than romecabs..com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 06:16