We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or Taxi?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or Taxi?

We are staying on via catone near the Vatican.

We will be arriving from Florence by train with one luggage apiece for three people.

What is the best suggestion for transportation from the station to via catone?

Thanks

Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Easitalytours
Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Rome Chauffeur
Private Tours, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles
DriverinRome Transportation & Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,651 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or Taxi?

Hello,

You could easily take the metro to the Ottaviano stop and then walk the couple of blocks to the hotel. It is not that far.

You could also hire a cab. The ride should be around 20 euros or so.

Can't help you with the buses as I don't use them.

Donna

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or Taxi?

How much each would the metro be?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or Taxi?

A bus and/or Metro ticket valid for 75 minutes costs 1 Euro.

4. Re: Bus or Taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 03:35
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or Taxi?

Thank you

I think we will take the Metro or the bus. I will see which bus can get us close.

I don't really want to switch buses with luggage.

Also am wondering if I took the Metro route do you have to go down stairs at the termini with your luggage to get the A Line?

Seems like I read that somewhere.

Tiburon, California
Level Contributor
154 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or Taxi?

If you're in your twenty's or thirty's take the bus or metro, otherwise take a taxi. It will cost you more but you won't have the hassle and once you have settled in you can explore the public transportation system (which is very good). Use a taxi at the taxi stand outside Termini (ignore anyone who approaches you with an offer of a taxi), they are white with a gold or red (I've forgotten) emblem on the door. Numerous people have complained about bad experiences with Roman taxis, we used them for a year and never had a problem.

7. Re: Bus or Taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 05:17