We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome experts & regulars meeting

rome
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Topic
Rome experts & regulars meeting

Hello all Rome experts and others who post regularly though not officially an expert.

As mentioned on another thread, I am suggesting a Rome Meet-up. Some of you have already pmed me, I would like to organize this over email (which makes life a lot easier) so please anyone interested pm me with a valid email address and I will contact all of you. We already have a suggested date in September and some ideas about what/where. Details on mail.

Rome_70, Solo_Roma, Stettola (where is she actually?), Marina, Agatha, Nancy (Italy travelista), Ron in Rome... this is not an all including list but the first names that come to my mind... I already have bvlencis email address... anyone who is in or around Rome and posts regularly, please contact me!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Roma Boutique Hotel
Roma Boutique Hotel
651 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Nancy
Nancy
Meurthe-et-Moselle, France
Italy
Italy
Europe
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,571 Reviews
from US$74.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
541 Reviews
from US$394.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,878 Reviews
from US$58.60*
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Have fun! Wish I could join you!

United States
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

You might want to include Ivano (eylife). He has organized many of these meetings in the past.

TAB

London, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Hello Wine Gal,

I would love to meet and know you all in person. Let me have the details and unless we are away, we usually take our holidays in September,I am in!

Ciao

Nancy Aiello

Mentioned in this post
Nancy
Nancy
Meurthe-et-Moselle, France
rome
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

I see from some replies (here and on pm) that I might not have been as clear as I wanted to be:

I am not including or excluding anyone, the few names I mentioned above were, as I said, the people I remembered spontaneously, most probably bcs. I see them on threads where I post myself, too. If anyone thinks he/she falls into the category "anyone who is in or around Rome and posts regularly" or just someone just visiting during this time though not living here*, is welcome to pm me and leave an email address. Email is going to make life a lot easier while organizing this, that is the only reason. As said, possible dates and what/where will be discussed on email. If you already know a specific date where you can/cannot, feel free to mention it in your pm. It sure won't be left at one encounter only, the first date I am trying to target is mid-september, others will I am sure follow, maybe also with different team-players!

*though of course anyone is invited to come, I originally thought this first meeting to be maybe more for those of us who often post and share ideas and also argue - because I believe in the end we all care about the same thing (Italy/Rome and its guests) and when people meet in person in an unofficial atmosphere over a pasta or pizza, we can talk/discuss and iron out some wrinkles.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Italy Rome Tour
Italy Rome Tour
552 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ireland
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

I hope you all have an excellent time - it was wonderful meeing Ivano, Daniela and Cinzia in March!! I'll be back in a few weeks (staying at Il Colle degli Ulivi)so I'm sorry I'll be missing this meet up.

Enjoy yourselves!!!

K

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Terrific idea and wish I could join you, but I'll only be arriving in Rome Sept 6 and departing Sept 10.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

I'm in Latina, might be able to make a daytime meet?

Mentioned in this post
Latina
Latina
Province of Latina, Italy
rome
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Just bumping this up so anyone away during the weekend sees it, too.

If you are interested, with whatever date/hour constraints, please do pm me your email! I would like to organize this over email and not via pm or the thread.

Looking forward to see you all!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Please let me know what date I will be in Rome only one day Sept 14 coming back from Ischia and would love to meet with others that are traveling since I always return to rome and travel alone

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Province of Naples, Italy
rome
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome experts & regulars meeting

Everyone who has pm-ed and given me an e-mail address: I have just sent out a mail with the subject line "Rome meetup". If you don't see it, please also check your spam folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy