We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

I'm looking for a couple good restaurants for dinner--one near the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain (for a Sunday evening) and one near the Piazza Navona (for a Monday evening). I know the ones in the immediate vacinity of these locations will be touristy and expensive--I've done it before and regretted it afterwards. I'm trying to do some research ahead of time this go around to find some delicious, reasonably-priced Italian food near these areas. Don't need anything fancy--just looking for good food!

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
660 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Try L'Orso 80 (Via del Orso) a few minutes walk from Piazza Navona and just get the antipasto for around 15 euro. The dishes just keep coming (maybe 20 different things) and it's wonderful!

UK
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Our favourite for great value Roman cuisine with unpretentious decor but good service is Trattoria Da Giggi on via Belsiana, near the Spanish Steps. Only downside is that it is very popular with locals as well as tourists in the know so get there early to ensure a table or book ahead.

Another favourite in the area is Al Vantaggio on via del Vantaggio.

Buon appetito!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Just check the closing times of the restaurants. Sunday and Mondays are the popular days for closing.

Sunday especially is the day many restaurants close.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Thanks for asking this question - I'm interested in a few more answers as well!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Hello Mrs. Bee:

For Sunday and Monday or for other days of the week?

Near the Spanish Steps many people like Otello on Via Della Croce. It is closed on Sundy.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

Hey agatha - I'll be there on a Wednesday evening. Thanks for the tip!

7. Re: Good Restaurants Near Piazza Navona and Spanish Steps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 06:18