We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome with 13 year old daughter

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Rome with 13 year old daughter

Any suggestions for things to do/see with

my 13 year old daughter (next May).

She loves to shop!

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
583 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome with 13 year old daughter

Spent a week with a 13 year old this summer (my daughter), who also loves to shop.

We hit the little souvenir stands at all the major attractions. Most of the stuff was silly (loved the anatomically correct "Michelangelo's David" shorts) but she bought some things and has enjoyed them.

If she likes shopping for clothes (what 13 year old doesn't), I'd suggest taking a walk along Via del Corso which has a wide variety of clothing and accessory stores -- some very reasonably priced. You can start near the Pantheon and head north and you'll find both sides of the street filled with shops.

My daughter loved Villa d'Este in Tivoli, which is a fairly short drive from Rome (lots of day tours available).

Lots of fun stuff to do. She'll love it.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
338 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome with 13 year old daughter

We were in Rome this past summer with 11 and 14-year-old daughters. They loved the street vendors in Piazza Navonna--wanted to go there every night after dinner. We stayed in a hotel very near there. They also loved trying all the different flavors of gelato.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome with 13 year old daughter

Was in Rome with a group of schoolkids aged10-14 last year. The sights that impressed most were the Colisseum and, most of all, Baths of Caracalla. Impressed the adults too!

Cedarhurst, NY
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome with 13 year old daughter

Hi, I'm taking my 13-year-old daughter to Rome in February, and someone on this forum suggested a cooking class. I contacted Dana at classes@bluaubergine.com, and she has what sounds like a great half-day class -- trip to market then how to prepare a 4-course meal. Check out the website (I think it's bluaubergine.com, but you can do a search for Rome cooking class. Just a thought -- have a great time. I envy your going during a warm month!

NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome with 13 year old daughter

Hi coneyislandgirl58 (I go out there year round!)

I also think that Campo de' Fiori/Piazza Farnese (and side streets around them) would appeal to both of you...as well as crossing the Ponte Sisto bridge & strolling around Trastevere (make sure to check out the church of Sta. Maria in Trastevere & the wonderful piazza in front of it). Enjoy your trip...Rome is great.