We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report collections are here

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report collections are here

For everyone's convenience and reading pleasure, please post links to all your trip reports (past, present, and future) here on this thread. If you also have pictures posted somewhere on the Net, include those links as well.

it's the next best thing when you can't be there !

enjoy :)

360 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
231. Re: Trip report collections are here

I've always been a loyal user of TA, mainly for the restaurant and hostel ratings etc, but I'm fairly new to the TA forum (didn't know it existed until 2 weeks ago).

I just came back from a 2-week trip to Italy and Greece and I blogged about it. Then I found this forum so I started answering some of the questions or joining in on some discussions on this forum and I thought my answers were useful input - I'm not the destination expert but I feel that I actually put in an effort to answer specific questions and to share my planning think process reflecting on my own experience.

For the past week, at the end of my answer I would put in the link to my blog (if I happen to have a blog for that specific destination) with a sentence like "if you are interested in my full trip report, here's my blog: [link]" I didn't just chuck in the link to my blog. On a side note, to be honest, I don't (like to) read trip reports without photos and the content of my trip report wouldn't work on this forum even if I copied and pasted here because the words flow with the photos.

I totally agree with Lynn B, coatesgirl, liveforhols. Also, I did read the forum posting guide before I started posting but I interpreted that specific rule and the meaning of "advertising" as not to post links to sell things or to deter travel agencies etc.

I am a bit bummed by it probably because I thought I was doing something good but they deleted all my posts and also they did it to me on the eve of my birthday:p - HERcurioMAJESTY

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
232. Re: Trip report collections are here

I was specifically told about 4 months ago that it was fine to put the blog link into the signoff at the bottom of the post, but to the whole blog or webpage, not to a specific section. Which is sort of mad because people then have to struggle to find the relevant part of the blog.

You can complain to the support forum

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g1-i12105-o20-T…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
233. Re: Trip report collections are here

Thank you Route128North, I just saw the post you referred to earlier: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7627…

Aguilas' reply on #17 was particularly helpful. It seems the best way to put in a personal blog link is to link to the homepage.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
234. Re: Trip report collections are here

Thank you, Lynn B. Yea sort of mad because when I answered questions I actually went to my own blog to retrieve the "relevant" category of links for specific questions thinking it would make it easier for fellow TA users. For example, since this thread is Rome's thread, I would think posting my "Rome" post would be the most relevant, but it seems like it's the safest to just sign off with my blog's homepage? Oh well, guess I could save the time.

Anyway, good that it's all clear now! (oh but please do correct me if I'm still wrong!)

www.hercuriomajesty.com.au

Edited: 29 July 2014, 01:22
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
235. Re: Trip report collections are here

You're welcome, lainnieeee. I think the format you have used is acceptable, but the guidelines are not very clear so others may interpret them differently. I do want to point out that if you have a post removed, you can inquire about the reason by contacting the Help Center (link is at the bottom of every page). Sometimes removed posts are reinstated by TA staff.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,159 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
236. Re: Trip report collections are here

That is true, sometimes they will reinstate a post but if you included anything to the effect of "visit my blog" or "for more information see my blog" then you were going against the guidelines and they probably won't reinstate your past posts. You cannot send someone to your blog, it's a form of advertising even if your blog doesn't contain advertising. You sending them there is advertising. Anyway, it seems what you're doing now is being accepted so we'll see what happens in the future.

Donna

NSW, Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
237. Re: Trip report collections are here

Link to my TR that starts in Rome

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k76…

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
238. Re: Trip report collections are here

Just wanna Thank everybody who help me with tips and info for my first Euro trip to London ,Paris and Rome.We came back a week ago ,had a great time and a very memorable experience.Took a day tour to Positano and The Amalfi coast it was well worth it.

Thanks again to all for taking the time to help me plan my trip.

BTW skip the line tour is so worth paying the extra especially The Vatican tours.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
239. Re: Trip report collections are here

Hi. How did you do the day trip to Positano? How long did it take etc? Thought it would be too far for a day , so interested in how you went.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
240. Re: Trip report collections are here

Manatee: So glad you did it! Can you tell us how you went? Would be so helpful to other travelers who would like to do the same.

Reply to: Trip report collections are here
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted