We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome, Italy eheh

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rome, Italy eheh

Recently a roman friend of mine looked at me puzzled and asked: Why do u always add Italy when u say where u come from (to a foreigner, of courese)? Rome is Rome."

Many Romans don't suspect there are other Romes in the world so I sound a bit weird.

Royersford...
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

Well if you don't have an Italian accent. You could also be from Rome,Georgia or Rome,New York.

Trust me no one ever heard of Royersford, PA unless you live in PA.

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

LOL, as I wrote of courese I guess I do have an accent. Oh my ... oh mine which of the two?

That's the point, Romans can think only of one Rome. They are happy to know there are other towns named so after they realize. Well, at least, is there only one Royerford? I'm always intrigued by the origin of places names, especially new world ones.

Ciao ... hey I even know PA is Pennsylvania, yes. In Italy PA is Palermo or P.A. Pubblica Amministrazione Public Administration

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,414 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

There is more than one Sharon Stone, but I bet she doesn't add, "the actress" when she introduces herself!

Royersford...
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

stettola

Too Funny! I am orgininal from NY and to some of us from Queens,NY there is only Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens & Long Island... LOL we never mention upstate or Staten Island etc. So you see Rome is for the Romans and understanbly so!

Yes as far as I know there is only one Royersford - I believed it was named after a person named Royer.

I love your threads!

Margarita

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

I live in Nashville, TN. I always thought there was only 1 Nashville. Wrong - I know there is one in Illinois. Not sure if there is another one some where. How do you think the people who live in Springfield feel? You probably asked "which one?" There is a Springfield in just about every state in the USA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

LOL Stettola! Nice to ' see ' you again. x

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

There is a Nashville in Indiana as well as a Columbus -- once got a big packet of info from Columbus Indiana when I was planning a trip with my son to his birthplace Columbus Ohio -- we had lived in Southern Indiana at one point and I got the area codes mixed up when calling the tourist office and got the one for Indiana

And of course we say Paris France in Tennessee because we don't want it confused with Paris Tennessee, or Paris Texas or Paris Illinois or Paris New York or Paris Missouri or Paris Kentucky -- and I'll bet I've left out a few

this always comes as a surprise to Europeans

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

Rome is Italian capital and a great city. I like especially ancient Rome and also Vatican City.

I like Italian serie Incantessimo which took place in Rome.

Recently I saw a movie Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks which is great as a movie itself and there is nice view and atmosphere of Rome and it was thanks to someone here on Rome discussion on Tripadvisor who recommended it and it was a good advice to see it as a way to be in Rome.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

Rome is Italian capital and a great city. I like especially ancient Rome and also Vatican City.

I like Italian serie Incantessimo which took place in Rome.

Recently I saw a movie Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks which is great as a movie itself and there is nice view and atmosphere of Rome and it was thanks to someone here on Rome discussion on Tripadvisor who recommended it and it was a good advice to see it as a way to be in Rome.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome, Italy eheh

What!! There's a Rome in Italy!? Stettola, you never fail to surprise (and delight) us. :)