We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome in december

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
338 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
rome in december

Thinking of going here for my 50th birthday What is the weather like at this time of year? Any good restaurant suggestions where I could spend my birthday evening

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome in december

It can vary a great amount fron year to year, and how that feels depends on what the3 weather is like where you are from.

I was in Rome Dec 5-15 in 2006 and it flet like spring to me. It rained on 2 days out of 11 and only in the afternoon. It got up to 60 deg F in the afternoon.

You can judge from the pictures on whta people are weatring and what the plant life looks like. Many of the tree still had leaves but these were falling off,.

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome in december

Here are Rome seasonal averages

wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayIntlNORMS.asp…

average hig is 55 deg F and low is 39 deg F for Dec.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rome in december

I visited Rome over Christmas even though I was told by many that it was the worst time of year, Italian families are celebrating this very important holiday everything is closed etc. It was one of the best trips to Italy I ever had. I actually didn't have any problems with closures. I found plenty of restaurants to try and although I believe many Romans were home, scores of Italians were in Rome on Holiday and it was wonderful to see all the Italian Tourists. I must say however while the opinion was to the contrary, it was cold. I especially felt it because my research suggested it would be quite warm and I didn't take any really warm clothing. While it is cold it was never uncomfortable to walk around and I didn't feel limited by the weather at all. In addition there was no rain which made it wonderful. When I say cold at its worst it was maybe 30-45 which is not bad. For some reason I thought it would be more like 50-60 and even considered going swimming! This being said, I think that it was a particularly cold year, and typical weather according to my research was in the 50's. Either way I highly recommend this time of year because it is very festive and beautiful.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rome in december

Festive is right. All kinds of great Christmas decorations

5. Re: rome in december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 06:17