We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inappropriate review

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
inappropriate review

Why is it not possible to report an inappropriate review?

this is what some english guy wrote in his report under Hotel San Francesco:

"only downside to our visit was it raining for 2 days but you cant let the weather put you off, and also the americans,the most uncultured race on this planet! please stick to disneyland!"

What kind of attitude is that?

The thing I like about Tripadvisor is that it is not tolerated to write inappropriate things about other people in the Forum, but why don’t they remove it when it is a review?

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,462 Reviews
from US$81.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$409.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,832 Reviews
from US$60.30*
US$67.00
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,923 Reviews
from US$122.80*
Philly Burbs
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inappropriate review

Good point. Maybe this is the way to get that noticed. As an American, I've taken my share of indirect hits in this Forum and never appreciate being lumped in with every generalization small minds can conjure. I'm not rude, loud, ugly or uncultured, nor are most of the people I know. Any bashing, whether in the Forum or the reviews, should be removed. Hopefully you have their attention. Thanks.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inappropriate review

Wow that really is rude! I'm glad I didn't catch that review, I don't appreciate some of the comments made about Ugly Americans.

3. Re: inappropriate review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2005, 12:46
DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inappropriate review

Now that's a Detroit come back.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,686 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inappropriate review

Relax, this is read by about .00000001% of the world's population. I'm sure you wouldn't like him if you met him. A LOT of people don't like other people, don't be so thin skinned. There are a LOT of Americans who have earned the title of "Ugly Americans", just as there are a lot of French who are "Ugly French", Germans who are "Ugly Germans", etc., etc., etc.

Keep your comments about Italy and let he idiots be idiots.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: inappropriate review

Love2travel2,

have you clicked on the "Report inappropriate post" button?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: inappropriate review

there is not one for the review section, only for the Forums

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inappropriate review

<<<<there is not one for the review section, only for the Forums>>>>>

the logic behind this (ie. not having the inappropriate button) on the Hotel Review section is that all reviews are supposedly pre screened by TripAdvisor.com staff... this is why if you post a review it does not appear before two or three days.

Now, the question remains... did they do their job ?

London
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: inappropriate review

Speaking as a Brit, it strikes me that the guy has double standards; on one hand he thinks it's OK to make sweeping generalisations about all americans yet at the same time it's OK for him to be insulting.

There are cultured and uncultured (whatever that may be) people in all countries and societies. Just try to rise above it all and remember he reflects the views of a small minority.

Middlesex County, MA
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: inappropriate review

You can write directly to the TripAdvisor support staff, if you have a complaint about a review.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

However, I don't think that a blanket negative-comment about Americans is considered an "inappropriate" thing to say, it's just the author's opinion -- which they are entitled to, whether we like the opinion or not. But if the review had included personal comments about someone on the hotel staff (for example), and said "the reason that John-the-concierge is such an <insert nasty word here> is because he's an American", the review would not pass muster.