We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

My daughter and I traveled to Rome on Oct. 7. I scheduled a pick up at Fiumicino airport to take us to our hotel in Rome. I also emailed them to confirm and Charlotta emailed me that they had my reservation and would meet us at the aiport holding a sign with my name on it. I gave them all of our flight information and we arrived as scheduled. We spent 30 minutes walking around looking for someone holding a sign with my name on it and then I called them. They said they "had no reservation." I did bring copies of the emails and the reservation so knew that it had been confirmed through their website as well as personal email. We were exhausted from flying all night and wasted time waiting as well as paying for a phone call to them. We ended up taking a taxi but I would caution anyone booking with them to be aware they may not show up and may not be reliable. I saw other reviews that this problem occurrred with others as well. Take a taxi - the cost is 40 euros (the same price quoted by Rome Shuttle Limousine) and they are plentiful at the airport.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

ah thats a petty, especially after a long flight. I has a simliar experience in JFK but my driver as gone to a bar for a coffee so thats why I did'nt see him. But never the less its very frustrating.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
357 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

Wow - I feel a little bad. I used Rome Shuttle Limousine in September and recommended them highly in my trip report. I'm sure/I hope that's not why you booked them but I had a completely different experience (very positive, prompt, professional, etc). I would've used them again, but now I'm not so sure... It's just not the kind of thing you want to take a chance on, i.e., your trip starting off on the wrong foot. Hope the rest of your trip was much better.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

The trip went great! I did see some good reviews online for Rome Shuttle Limo but my B&B recommended them as well. He was surprised that they failed to come though and I do realize that sometimes reservations get lost but had we had to pay more than 40 euros, I really would have felt badly. The fact that a taxi was readily available and the same price meant I'd skip making a reservation with another company unless they were much cheaper! I was very careful to confirm all other reservations prior to leaving and thankfully, we had no other issues.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

We had the same experience with Rome Shuttle Limo in April last year. I remember Charlotta's name. She said I should have called them-just landed after overnight flight, had no Euro coins, unfamiliar with phone, etc. Taxi ride was pretty wild & over the advertised max, but the rest of the trip was good.

People who reserve with Rome Cabs have great reports about them. I would reserve with them next time.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

You can also take the Leonardo Express from the airport to Termini for 11 euros. It runs ever half hour. You can get a cab to the hotel from there or even walk if you are staying in the area.

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

Question about the Leonardo Express... We are traveling as a family of 4 : wouldn't it be better for us to pay 40 euro for a taxi that will take us directly to our hotel rather than 11 euro per person to get to to Termini and then have to get a taxi from there? Or will a taxi not take 2 adults and 2 children?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for
Level Contributor
713 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

it depends on how much luggage you have. will it fit in the trunk of a car?

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,751 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

For taxis: if you have a lot of luggage, there are almost always bigger taxis (big stationwagons - ask for a "monovolume") where they should fit. The price is €40 fixed to the center of town, but there is generally a modest surcharge for the extra luggage if you are on the meter (outside the city center).

http://www.comune.roma.it/was/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_21L?menuPage=/Area_di_navigazione/Sezioni_del_portale/Dipartimenti_e_altri_uffici/Dipartimento_VII/Trasporto_pubb-9-_non_di_linea/TAXI/Tariffa_fissa_da_e_per_aeroporti/Fixed_rates_from_and_to_the_airports/&flagSub=

Edited: 12 December 2009, 10:33
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,287 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

A regular cab should fit 2 adults and 2 children plus the driver. The question is the luggage. If it will fit in the trunk and in your lap you will be fine. Try it out before you leave with your car (or friends car if yours doesn't have a trunk) and if you have too much try to pack lighter. The fixed rate from FCO to any hotel in the city center is 40 euros this includes luggage.

You can also arrange a ride with romecabs.com. This is a private company that will meet you at the airport with a sign, help you with your luggage and take you directly to your hotel. They will make sure to send a car big enough for you and all your luggage. They get wonderful reviews on this and other forums.

Donna

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
842 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome Shuttle Limousine - no show

We tried to make a reservation with Romecabs for our October 23 arrival but they were booked up. We ( party of 3) then arranged a pick up with Rome Shuttle and received an e mail confirmation. It took about 5 minutes to locaite them in the mass confusion of the arrivals area. The driver was great and gave us a "mini tour" of a couple of sights on the way to the hotel.