We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
411 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

I am thinking of renting this apartment in Camp in February for a week. It doesn't look fancy or anything, but I like the idea of having a small balcony that overlooks the Campo.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g187791…

I lived in Trastevere for a few months and loved it, but this will be my girlfriend's first visit and I thought it would be fun to be in the heart of Campo and to be able to people watch from the balcony. Of course, it will be February, so maybe it isn't such a big deal.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this apartment and the location. Thanks so much!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

It looks fine, and people say they were not bothered by noise (which would not be much of a problem anyway in February).

But I don't know where TripAdvisor gets its price. It's 110 Euro per night.

sleepinitaly.com/info-campo_de_fiori-campo_d…

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Thanks! Anyone else have any opinions about staying in the area?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Looks fine. If the map is accurate, you are at the south end of the market, which is good, since the north end is where a lot of garbage trucks move about early in the morning (they are stored near there).

You will not have much night noise in February, so that's a plus, and you will have the fun vibe of the square, and, of course, be steps from Navona, the Pantheon, and all the great restaurants and bars in and around there. The only concerns you have are the early morning set up each day, which is loud, and, possibly, the smell of the fish table, which is usually set up around the south end (but only while it's there, so not a huge deal!).

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Thanks again.

I could get a cheaper apartment, right around the corner with more room, but not overlooking Campo.

Do you think it will be worth it to overlook Campo for the week or should I go with a bigger, cheaper place that is a short walk from there?

Any and all opinions appreciated!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Location, location, location.

In twenty years' time, do you want to be saying, "Remember that great vacation we had in Rome, not in the Campo dei Fiori?"

I think your first instincts were correct!

Peter

Auckland
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

this is a fabulous area - you'll love it. Enjoy the noise and the activity - that's what it's all about.

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Thank you all! I think I am going to book it!

Now hopefully the weather will be nice enough in February to enjoy some people watching from the balcony!

Boston...
Level Contributor
188 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

Just to update, I booked the apartment. Can't wait. I think we will have a great time in this overlooking Campo!

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

9. Re: Apartment Rental in Camp de' Fiori

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 05:16